Docker pull returns access denied :ea-cuopt-server:<tag> for Server

docker pull nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt-server
Using default tag: latest
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt-server, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Hi Shivam,

Thank you for your inquiry. It looks like your command defaulted to “latest” which doesn’t exist as the container version is v0.2. Please copy the pull tag directly:
docker pull nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt:v0.2. We will also add the option to support the default behavior in our next release.

Please try it and let us know.

Best,
Preethi

Hi. I still have the same problem. The following are the commands and outputs:

(base) ➜  ~ docker login nvcr.io
Login Succeeded
(base) ➜  ~ docker pull nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt:v0.2
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied

Hi zongzefang,

My guess is that you are not currently logged in using an api-key that is associated with the cuOpt EA program. For example, I have multiple accounts on NGC, only one of them is in the cuOpt EA program.

Try logging out and then log in again as below, making sure you use the right api-key. You can generate a new api-key from your NGC account if you don’t already have one stored (click on your username in the upper right hand corner of the NGC page, select Setup and then Generate API Key). Again, make sure you are using the NGC account that is part of the cuOpt EA program.

For example, using your pull command …

$ docker pull nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt:v0.2
Error response from daemon: pull access denied for nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt, repository does not exist or may require ‘docker login’: denied: requested access to the resource is denied
$ docker logout nvcr.io
Removing login credentials for nvcr.io

$ docker login nvcr.io
Username: $oauthtoken
Password: <api-key for cuOpt EA NGC account)
Login Succeeded

$ docker pull nvcr.io/ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt:v0.2
v0.2: Pulling from ea-reopt-member-zone/ea-cuopt
c549ccf8d472: Already exists
cbb944094a69: Already exists

Best regards,

Trevor McKay

1 Like

Hi zongzefang,

One more thing, when you signed up for EA you should have received an email with an activation link for NGC. Please make sure you’ve followed that activation link – this will be a new account with the proper permissions for pulling the image.

Best,

Trevor

Hi Trevor, thank you for your help! The problem is solved after I re-login to the EA cuOpt team.

Great, glad to hear it!

Best regards,

Trevor