Docker sdkmanager 32.5.1 -- Waiting for target to boot-up

I provided log right here:

Our equipment systems are updated to 22.04. So I need partitions for 18.04, and 20.04. 3 different ubuntu systems. I thought I could claim back all that disk space if I flash with docker.

So docker came to rescue for me. You don’t suggest to use it? why?

Regards

Ubuntu18.04 would be the suggested version in use due to supporting both JP4/JP5 for your AGX Xavier.

I’ve explained above (unstable connection to host PC, unexpected errors of filesystems and system packages). We work on the standalone Ubuntu PC and are familiar with the issues on it.

error: exportfs: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.0.2_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs does not     │
│support NFS export     

From your error flash logs, it seems causing from wrong type of filesystem to me.

Because other software minimum requirements, we cannot use Ubuntu 18. It is an OS 5 years old, with much more issues than 20 or 22 for daily basis using.

I’ve never had format nvme necessity previously. flash command doesn’t do it? How should I format it?

Please notice Ubuntu20 and 22 not work with JP4.x (R32.X).

You should format the NVMe SSD as ext4 before use. You might need using fdisk command.

Why I can install perfectly on emmc but I cannot install on nvme?

This involves the mechanism of the flash script.

Flashing to emmc and nvme are totally different flow from the beginning… If you want to know the detail, then I can explain to you. But I don’t guarantee you would understand it because this requires some knowledge about the boot flow…

Yes, what I meant, if this could be a (re)connection issue, my thinking was the problem would be for flashing emmc and nvme because host pc can’t connect to all xavier. But yes,I am completely noob in these boot flow issues, and my thinking could be completely wrong.

Few days ago I posted here this was solved. It is not, this was a message for another post…

So, with an ext4 formatted disk I’ve obtained:

│info: [OEMPreconfig] SDKM_INSTALL_ERROR Password for L4T new user nvidiatemp:                                                                                                               │
│info:                                                                                                                                                                                       │
│info: External storage specified nvme0n1p1                                                                                                                                                  │
│info: Flashing Jetson Xavier                                                                                                                                                                │
│info: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash_internal.sh --no-flash --external-device nvme0n1p1   │
│-c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_external.xml --showlogs --network usb0 -p -C nv-auto-config jetson-agx-xavier-devkit nvme0n1p1                                                              │
│info:  * Stopping NFS kernel daemon                                                                                                                                                         │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                                                                                                           │
│info:  * Unexporting directories for NFS kernel daemon...                                                                                                                                   │
│info:    ...done.                                                                                                                                                                           │
│info:  * Not starting NFS kernel daemon: no exports.                                                                                                                                        │
│error: exportfs: /home/nvidia/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_5.1.1_Linux_JETSON_AGX_XAVIER_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs does not support NFS export                                            │
│info: Cleaning up... 

Cannot you reproduce the issue?

Regards

We usually develop Jetson on standalone Ubuntu PC, and we don’t suggest to use docker for SDKM. If you really have to develop on it, please help to provide the detailed reproduce step about how you setup the docker and any command you use and the related flash log from host and the serial console log from the board.

Right now I don’t have available xaviers to keep on debugging this.

Do you mean that Ubuntu Host really works for every container SDKM? Anyway, if I need an specific standalone Ubuntu PC, I don’t get the purpose of creating docker images with SDKM.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.