docker v1.13 (stock installed with JetPack 3.2.1) usb port mapping not working

Hi, all

I am testing docker deployment on both my TX1 and TX2 board, the docker usb mapping with CDC driver seems not working due to system problem:

you can duplicate a similar setup with: GitHub - opsxcq/docker-dev-arduino: Arduino development environment in a container

container code could locate usb device file, but communication seems always fails, no matter SUDO or not, here’re some sample container parameters you can refer:

docker run --rm -i -t --device=/dev/ttyACM0 -v -v /dev/bus/usb/:/dev/bus/usb jetson/odrive
docker run --rm -it -v “$(pwd):/src” -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb --device=/dev/ttyACM0 strm/dev-arduino upload

even have both /dev/bus/usb AND device=/dev/tty* properly injected into contrainer parameter, communication somehow fails:

root@tegra-ubuntu:/home/nvidia/Desktop/docker/arduino/docker-dev-arduino# docker run --rm -it -v “$(pwd):/src” -v /dev/bus/usb:/dev/bus/usb --device=/dev/ttyACM0 strm/dev-arduino upload
Guessing serial port … /dev/ttyACM0
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3e
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6e
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x61
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x63
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x0d
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x0a
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x3e
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20

avrdude done. Thank you.

I think it’s a kernel config problem, could somebody help.
Thank you.

We don’t have experience of running L4T release in docker. Online users may share their experience.