DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

1. From reading headers in the SDK, there are comments for the verious NvSciBuf attributes that discuss “I/O-Coherent accessors”. Is there documentation that explicitly states what hardware components are an I/O-Coherent accessor? (e.g, cpu, gpu, other accelerators)
  2. For the attributes NvSciBufGeneralAttrKey_EnableCpuCache and NvSciBufGeneralAttrKey_EnableGpuCache, is there documentation that provides more detail about the impact these have on the memory model?
1 Like

Dear @nmeyer1,

1. SDK documentation does not have info on this. GPU is io coherent and can snoop into CPU caches. I am checking about other engines and update you.
  2. Is it about the effect on app perf when we set them true/false?

Dear @nmeyer1,
Could you provide any update for this?

1. Can you point us to the files in the SDK with this documentation? The documentation we have found so far doesn’t seem to provide much detail on these topics. Also an updates on the other engines?

2. We’re interested in the affects on performance, but also the guarantees the memory model makes on coherency depending which flags are on / off.

It was a typo. SDK doc does not have info on this. It looks other engines not related to I/O coherency

Unfortunately, we don’t have any perf stats related to this flag.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.