Does Bluetooth need UART lines on M.2 Key E WiFi

Hello,

I was planning to use WiFi and Bluetooth through an Intel 8265 M.2 Key E WiFi/BT unit. Are the uart lines necessary for Bluetooth? because if I can I would rather use the uart lines for something else.

Thanks,
Daniel

Here is my design till now, have yet to do the susclk part for example, but I would say most of it is done. I want this design to be compatible with Orin NX so no use of SDIO and even though I want bluetooth, I don’t want to waste a UART for this, so maybe I will have to end up removing Bluetooth from my design. I am wondering if I2C would be a good addition for some reason. And in general, I am wondering what yall think of the design till now.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi, it depends on your Bluetooth device requests, you can check its datasheet for UART design.

1 Like

I see, so I found for the module I have the AW-CB375NF that the interfaces are PCIE for WiFi and USB for Bluetooth. Kind of surprising that in Jetson development kit carrier boards there are so many interfaces connected, but I guess that is to be able to support as many of these modules as possible (for development).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.