Does Bluetooth need UART lines on M.2 Key E WiFi

Hello,

I was planning to use WiFi and Bluetooth through an Intel 8265 M.2 Key E WiFi/BT unit. Are the uart lines necessary for Bluetooth? because if I can I would rather use the uart lines for something else.

Thanks,
Daniel

Here is my design till now, have yet to do the susclk part for example, but I would say most of it is done. I want this design to be compatible with Orin NX so no use of SDIO and even though I want bluetooth, I don’t want to waste a UART for this, so maybe I will have to end up removing Bluetooth from my design. I am wondering if I2C would be a good addition for some reason. And in general, I am wondering what yall think of the design till now.

Thanks,
Daniel

Hi, it depends on your Bluetooth device requests, you can check its datasheet for UART design.

1 Like

I see, so I found for the module I have the AW-CB375NF that the interfaces are PCIE for WiFi and USB for Bluetooth. Kind of surprising that in Jetson development kit carrier boards there are so many interfaces connected, but I guess that is to be able to support as many of these modules as possible (for development).