Does deepstream-app process return an error code or exception when an error occurs?

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU): GPU
• DeepStream Version: 5.0
• TensorRT Version: 7.1.3-1+cuda10.2
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only): 440.33.01

Hi,
I´m executing deepstream-app from a Python script using subprocess module. With this, what I´m trying to do is to catch any error of deepstream-app in the Python script.
I would like to know if deepstream-app proccess returns any kind of error code or exception when an error occurs in its execution.

Thanks in advance.

HI,
You can enable gst debug to capture more log for debug.
nvidia@nvidia-desktop:/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.1$ deepstream-app --help-all
Usage:
deepstream-app [OPTION?] Nvidia DeepStream Demo

Help Options:
-h, --help Show help options
–help-all Show all help options
–help-gst Show GStreamer Options

GStreamer Options
–gst-version Print the GStreamer version
–gst-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal
–gst-debug-help Print available debug categories and exit
–gst-debug-level=LEVEL Default debug level from 1 (only error) to 9 (anything) or 0 for no output
–gst-debug=LIST Comma-separated list of category_name:level pairs to set specific levels for the individual categories. Example: GST_AUTOPLUG:5,GST_ELEMENT_*:3
–gst-debug-no-color Disable colored debugging output
–gst-debug-color-mode Changes coloring mode of the debug log. Possible modes: off, on, disable, auto, unix
–gst-debug-disable Disable debugging
–gst-plugin-spew Enable verbose plugin loading diagnostics
–gst-plugin-path=PATHS Colon-separated paths containing plugins
–gst-plugin-load=PLUGINS Comma-separated list of plugins to preload in addition to the list stored in environment variable GST_PLUGIN_PATH
–gst-disable-segtrap Disable trapping of segmentation faults during plugin loading
–gst-disable-registry-update Disable updating the registry
–gst-disable-registry-fork Disable spawning a helper process while scanning the registry