Does deepstream support SVC in cameras

Does deepstream support the SVC (scalable video codec) setting on some cameras (eg hikvision)?

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU) jetson
• DeepStream Version 5.0.1
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

Hi,
Do you need to dynamically change framerate in your usecase? By default we verify the case of fixed frame rate. It may not work properly in dynamic frame rate.

No I don’t need variable framerate at all, however the cameras automatically do it. I can test setting SVC to 0 (its a slider with a range of values). Will report back.

I was just wondering whether deepstream had been tested with cameras that do SVC - so the answer would be SVC is not supported by deepstream then?

Hi,
It should work in single video playback with nvv4l2decoder plugin. But in DeepStream SDK, source with dynamic frame rate is not a verified case and may not work properly.