Does flashing XAVIER Multiple times cause issues?

Hello, trying to both learn a little about XAVIER and then wanted to flash it back to “factory” to send out to an intern. I’ve moved back and forth between 4.3 and 4.4 Jetpack from stand alone Ubuntu host, now going back to 4.3 and I can flash the OS, but the Jetson SDK component CUDA takes forever and then eventually fails/hangs around 99.9%. twice now. Its running again at the moment with a clean SDK Manager flash of OS and if it fails again I’ll post the log, but currently wondering if multiple flashes leaves behind some files or something. Would a manual flash like I have seen in some posts be better?

hello hyattbaker,

may I know you did have back-and-forth flashing process with SDKManager?

since SDKManager would also download each release image locally to your host machine,
could you please have an alternative way to flash the board,
for example, ~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/JetPack_4.3_Linux_P2888/Linux_for_Tegra/*

you may also check Basic Flash Script Usage to perform script file to flash your board.
thanks

I eventually deleted all the downloads and flashed to 4.4 DP. Thanks for the link and the help!

Also be sure to not use a VM host since this quite often causes failure in the middle of a flash. USB disconnect/reconnect occurs multiple times, and a VM tends to fail reconnect.