download and installing 12.5 after having used 12.4

I’ve previously been using PVF 12.4 with VS2008 in Win7 64-bit. I’ve just downloaded and installed PVF 12.5 and want to use it with my VS projects.

I see folders for both 12.4 and 12.5 in the PGI folder (created by the installation) but I don’t see how VS2008 knows which version of PVF to use. Creating a new VS project doesn’t show me any options as to which version to use. And I don’t see any Windows environmental variables that are set to point at one version or the other.

Does the installation do something under the hood to select a particular version? Should I uninstall 12.4 before installing 12.5?

I did look on the installation guide and didn’t see info associated with my question. Apologizes if I missed the instruction.

-ralph

Hi Ralph,

Does the installation do something under the hood to select a particular version? Should I uninstall 12.4 before installing 12.5?

Yes, PVF will switch to use 12.5 by default. The PGI compiler releases are meant to be installed side by side so you can keep 12.4 installed if you like, but could also remove it. To switch compiler versions, you can use the “-V” flag where “rel” is release number to use.

• Mat