Drive PX2 stucked after upgrating OS

I tried to update my Drive PX2 OS to the latest version using SDKManager from a Linux host. When installation finishes I see “First-boot script processing complete.” in the display window, and the “next” button can not be actived. I have connected my PX2 it to the Internet. Before updating the OS i had a problem when lunching PX2 with the network manager , it didn’t start automaticly. I had to restart it myself from the command line. Can you please help me

Dear Aris.Koutsoukis,

I’d like to recommend below for this topic.

1. Could you please re-flash the board again if possible?
  2. Does that internet use a VPN? If so, please setup the VPN
  3. Did you run restart command via minicom tool? if so, could you please capture log and upload using sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyUSB2 -C output.txt on hostPC? Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,

I re-downloaded everything and did the re-installation and flashing. During installation I got the above errors

5:04:43 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : W: The repository ‘http://ppa.launchpad.net/v-launchpad-jochen-sprickerhof-de/pcl/ubuntu xenial Release’ does not have a Release file.
15:04:43 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : : Failed to fetch http://ppa.launchpad.net/v-launchpad-jochen-sprickerhof-de/pcl/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/Packages 404 Not Found
15:04:54 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : W: --force-yes is deprecated, use one of the options starting with --allow instead.
15:04:57 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : rm: cannot remove ‘.//.install/drive-t186ref-linux’
15:04:57 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : : Directory not empty
15:10:37 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : 0% [Working] E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/l/linux/linux-libc-dev_4.4.0-130.156_i386.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 194.158.119.186 80]
15:10:37 ERROR : OSS and NV packages :
15:10:40 ERROR : Aurix Updater : rm: cannot remove ‘.install’
15:10:40 ERROR : Aurix Updater : : Directory not empty

And during flashing. I have the minicom properties as advised.

15:37:26 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : 18955 blocks
15:37:26 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : stty: /dev/ttyUSB1
15:37:26 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : : Permission denied
15:37:28 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-A on hold… /dev/ttyUSB1:
15:37:31 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-B on hold… /dev/ttyUSB1:
15:37:34 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-A in recovery… /dev/ttyUSB1:
15:37:37 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
15:37:40 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-B in recovery… /dev/ttyUSB1:
15:37:43 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:22:23 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Re-setting Tegra-A… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:22:26 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:22:28 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Re-setting Tegra-B… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:22:31 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:22:34 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : stty: /dev/ttyUSB1: unable to perform all requested operations

Dear Aris.Koutsoukis,

Could you please remove the installed 5.0.10.3 release by SDKM, clean up the release folder under install location(~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk by default) and reinstall the release?

Current NV OSS and packages doesn’t support to install on existing directory.

Hi Aris.Koutsoukis,

Have you tried our suggestion to remove the installed 5.0.10.3 release by SDKM, clean up the release folder under install location(~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk by default) and reinstall the release?
Any result cane be shared?

Hu kayccc,

I haven’t manage to try that suggestion yet. As soon as I try it I will send feedback.

Thank you

Hi Aris.Koutsoukis,

Have you tried with the suggestions? Any update?

Thanks

Hi kayccc.
I am trying the proposed solution from SteveNV but I can’t understand what he exactly means by clean up the release folder under install location(~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk by default) and reinstall the release. Is it possible to give me some more information to that

Hi Aris.Koutsoukis,

Could you please delete all the release folder under install location(~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk by default) and reinstall the release? Thanks.

Hi Steve,

I deleted both download folder and install folder. I created in a external drive 2 new files and set them as download directory and install directory. the download finished ok but the install not, it showed again the same errors as posted before.

16:32:29 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : 18955 blocks
16:32:29 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : stty: /dev/ttyUSB1
16:32:29 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : : Permission denied
16:32:30 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-A on hold… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:32:33 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-B on hold… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:32:36 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-A in recovery… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:32:38 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:32:38 ERROR : Flash Tegra A :
16:32:42 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Setting Tegra-B in recovery… /dev/ttyUSB1:
16:32:42 ERROR : Flash Tegra A :
16:32:44 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
17:09:47 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Re-setting Tegra-A… /dev/ttyUSB1:
17:09:50 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:
17:09:53 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : Re-setting Tegra-B… /dev/ttyUSB1:
17:09:55 ERROR : Flash Tegra A : /dev/ttyUSB1:

Dear Aris.Koutsoukis,

Can I know you are using ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04 Host? Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,

I am using ubuntu 16.04 on host. Thank you

Dear Aris.Koutsoukis,

-ttyUSB1 is Aurix for PX2 and it also says “Permission denied”, could you please check run below commands and provide output?

stty -F /dev/ttyUSB1
stty -F /dev/ttyUSB2
stty -F /dev/ttyUSB6

1. You are upgrading to latest version which is 5.0.10.3 – Previously which version you were using 5.0.7.2 or 5.0.5.0.a ?

2. Is the issue only at boot where you are able to see the Desktop coming up and setup wizard next button is greyed out?

And could you please re-flash the board with SDK manager again if possible?
and make sure to wait for the run-once-install installation (the first part of the SetupWizard on the target display) is completed. The error messages listed from the logs below are normal (not clear to me why the SDKM log window lists them as errors). Thanks.

Hi Aris.Koutsoukis,

We haven’t heard back from you in a couple weeks, so marking this issue resolved by “accepting” at previous comment as answer.
Please open a new forum issue when you are ready and we’ll pick it up there.

Hi kayccc,

The issue is not resolved , I have been very busy. As soon as i try what SteveNV suggest in his comment I will post it in a new thread