Drive strength of nano doesn't meet min requirements of the VLT on the devkit

Hey, I’m trying to select a voltage level translator for SPI I2C GPIOs and UART. The one I had chosen previously, NVT2010BS_115, is not working right and I’m starting over with the component selection.

I was going to try the TXB0302DQMR for UART as indicated on the schematic of the jetson devkit, but I noticed that the drive strength min is 3mA, but I saw this post below that says drive strength is 1mA for Nano’s IOs. I’d like to just assume that it will work, but parts go out of stock and I may need to choose a new one in the future.

I’m looking to confirm the true drive strength of the IO pins on the Nano, so I can verify if the TXB0302DQMR’s drive strength requirements are being met, and how I can modify the drive strength in the kernel so I can meet requirements of other VLTs.

Hi, it’s up to +/- 2mA for the pins. You can choose the level shit TXB0108B as you can see in the devkit schematic.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.