Drivers not recognized for Ubuntu 19.10 after trying to install Lutris

I am a complete noob, and this is my first time installing ubuntu on a computer. It is a shared system with a windows partition and an ubuntu partition.

I installed Ubuntu and during installation i checked that 3rd party components should be installed, gave a password. During installation something failed called “shim… something” the computer rebooted, and the drivers had been found so it all looked good.

I was not prompted to give my password so i ran “sudo apt -f install” and this blue menu came up (some ncurses menu) and i gave my password.

As i understood it needed to sign the drivers becuase it is getting run i kernel space.

Everything went well except that it said “could not add key” to something.

But all looked good, driver where found and resolution was good.

I installed some other stuff, but then i wanted to install Lutris.

When i started Lutris it prompted me that Vulcan was not installed etc. etc so i followed their link and ran

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt update

// Then i restarted

sudo apt install nvidia-driver-430 libnvidia-gl-430 libnvidia-gl-430:i386
sudo apt install libvulkan1 libvulkan1:i386

And now my graphics card is no longer recognized

I am running a Nvidia 970 gfx card

nvidia-bug-report.loggz (93.8 KB)

Sounds like you did set it upcorrectly for automatic modules signing, nevertheless the drivers from ppa did not get signed for secure boot so don’t load.
You can switch drivers using the ‘Software&Updates’ application, does it get signed, i.e. loaded if you switch to a different one, e.g. 390?