DriveWorks on PC

Hi,

We are working on DriveWorks on DrivePX2 and we would also like to run it on a laptop with a GTX1050.

Ideally, we would like to execute the same application under Windows and Linux.

• Is it possible to get DriveWorks (same version as DrivePX2) for Windows 10 x64?
  • We also tried to get it working under Ubuntu 14.04.3 x64 (version required by DriveInstall) but after facing some issues to install the OS on a NVMe SSD enabled PC, we are facing some issues with the NVidia graphic drivers. Following those instructions, the drivers seems to install successfully but we are not able to log-in anymore on Ubuntu:
    • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa
    • sudo apt-get update
    • ubuntu-drivers devices
    • sudo apt-get install nvidia-381

What would be the recommend driver to run DriveWorks on Ubuntu 14.04.3x64 with a GTX1050?

• As a side question, is there any plan to move to a newer Ubuntu (identical as the DrivePX2 to avoid GCC mismatches for instance)?

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Xavier

Hello XavierR,

1. Unfortunately we don’t support WindowOS for DrivePX2.
  2. Could you please re-install graphic driver on your host PC? Thanks.
    You can log-in with Ctrl+Alt+F1.

Hello Steve,

I was thinking about DriveWorks on Windows on my laptop (with a GTX1050).
I saw few slides talking about a pre-release available for Windows 10 x64.

I will try to re-install the drivers but is there a recommended version for DriveWorks/Ubuntu 14.04?

Thanks,
Xavier

Hello Steve,

I tried to install again the drivers even with the official release from your website (NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-378.13.run). I’m still facing the same issue.

My question is: is there any chance to find an appropriate driver for Ubuntu 14.04.3x64 (the one I must use according to DriveWorks documentation for DrivePX2) supporting my GTX1050?
If yes, which one and how to install it?
Otherwise, what would be the solution?

Thanks,
Xavier

Hello XavierR,

I’m also using GTX1050Ti.
Could you please try to install graphic driver with below my installation way?

• Display Driver installation
    sudo apt-get install default-jre default-jre-headless fonts-dejavu-extra java-common lib32gcc1 libatk-wrapper-java libatk-wrapper-java-jni libbonobo2-0 libbonobo2-common libc6-i386 libgconf2-4 libgif4 libgnome2-0 libgnome2-bin libgnome2-common libgnomevfs2-0 libgnomevfs2-common libidl-common libidl0 liborbit-2-0 liborbit2 libvdpau1 libxmu-dev libxmu-headers ocl-icd-libopencl1 openjdk-7-jre openjdk-7-jre-headless screen-resolution-extra tzdata-java ca-certificates-java

cd /etc/modprobe.d/

sudo su
sudo cat > blacklist-nouveau.conf
####################################################################
blacklist nouveau
options nouveau modeset=0
####################################################################

sudo update-initramfs -u

sudo reboot

sudo /etc/init.d/lightdm stop

CTRL+ALT+F1

* Check the latest driver version on www.nvidia.com → driver

cd Downloads
sudo wget http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/375.39/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.39.run

sudo chmod +x NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.26.run
sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-375.26.run

Hello Steve,

Thanks for the explanation.

I completely reinstalled Ubuntu 14.04.3x64 on my computer prior to follow your instructions.
Everything went well except a message at the beginning of driver installation:
“The distribution-provided pre-install script failed! Are you sure you want to continue?”
Then, I reached the end of the installation without issue.

Unfortunately, I’m still facing the same issue: I’m not able to login (graphically) anymore…

Do you have any idea?
Any log file or diagnostic that might be helpful for debugging this issue?

Thanks,
Xavier

Maybe one more thing: our laptop is a DELL XPS 15 with NVidia & Intel graphics.

Is the issue somehow related to Optimus?

Hello XavierR,

Could you please try to install GPU driver with dGPU only mode?
I’m not sure how to enable dGPU only mode on DELL XPS15, maybe I think it’s better to ask DELL team it. Thanks.

Hello,

Unfortunately, this seems to be impossible.

Is this issue linked to the error message that we got during drivers installation?
“The distribution-provided pre-install script failed! Are you sure you want to continue?”

Does that means that you do not support Optimus or similar under Ubuntu 14?

Thanks,
Xavier

Hello XavierR,

Please see below to install NVIDIA display driver on Optimus system.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/378.13/README/index.html

1. Using the NVIDIA Driver with Optimus Laptops.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/kr/ko/krdhs1/SLN298431/a-guide-to-nvidia-optimus-on-dell-pcs-with-an-ubuntu-operating-system?lang=EN

Thanks.