dSpace microautobox interfacing with Jetson TX2

Hello all,

We’re trying to interface Jetson TX2 board with dSpace’s Microautobox. I’m aware that TX2 has CAN support but I was wondering can the communication be setup through Ethernet port?

That is, does TX2 has support to receive packets over Ethernet similar to CAN or SPI and read the values of the packet? Does it have the right APIs to achieve this functionality?

Thank you for your time.

The TX2 does have Ethernet drivers. It can receive proper Ethernet packets. Typically, this is used to support the IP stack, and use protocols such as TCP and UDP to communicate. If you open the device in raw mode, and don’t run IP on it, then yes, you can read/write raw Ethernet packets. This is true for all Ethernet ports on Linux, and the API is the standard API of Ethernet network drivers on Linux.

Although it seems like you can configure an IPv4 network stack on the Ethernet of the MicroAutoBox, so that would probably be much simpler!

@Adistars

"That is, does TX2 has support to receive packets over Ethernet similar to CAN or SPI and read the values of the packet? Does it have the right APIs to achieve this functionality? "

When you say packets, are you talking about Ethernet packets or CAN Packets (messages)? Can I ask what you’re trying to achieve? I’ve been doing some work communicating SPI/CAN to external devices using the Jetson.

David.