August 1, 2022, 3:45am
If I used dusty-nv object detection (with many addon code), the web cam can skip frame and the display is smooth.
But if I use mp4 instead, the output video is slow because it captures every frame. How can I skip the mp4 frame?
Plan B is to create a mp4 with lower fps.
There is a framerate option in the video source of jetson-inference.
Please give it a check.
* This option can be set from the command line using `--input-height=N`
* for videoSource streams, or `--output-height=N` for videoOutput streams.
* The framerate of the stream (the default is 30Hz).
* This option can be set from the command line using `--input-rate=N` or `--output-rate=N`
* for input and output streams, respectively. The `--framerate=N` option sets it for both.
* The encoding bitrate for compressed streams (only applies to video codecs like H264/H265).
* For videoOutput streams, this option can be set from the command line using `--bitrate=N`.
* @note the default bitrate for encoding output streams is 4Mbps (target VBR).
* The number of ring buffers used for threading.
August 2, 2022, 6:48am
I have tried
video-viewer --framerate=1 1.mp4
video-viewer --frameRate=1 1.mp4
video-viewer --input-rate=1 --output-rate=1 1.mp4
All do not work…
I can see in thermal
But the video is smooth, does not feel like 1fps. Thx
August 4, 2022, 1:59pm
Don’t worry, I use AGX instead of Nano. Problem solved.
August 24, 2022, 4:30am
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.