DW Error DW_NOT_READY

Please provide the following info (check/uncheck the boxes after creating this topic):
Software Version
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.6 and DriveWorks 4.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0
DRIVE OS Linux 5.2.0 and DriveWorks 3.5
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 10.0 (Linux)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ Software 9.0 (Linux)
other DRIVE OS version
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Xavier DevKit (E3550)
NVIDIA DRIVE™ AGX Pegasus DevKit (E3550)
other

SDK Manager Version
other (1.8.1.10392)

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu 18.04
other

Hi Everyone,

My issue is specifically on the lraw2png function of driveworks. In my kubernetes environment I’m using a tool to manage my task flow, in this flow every tasks runs a different container and ups a pod on kubernetes. The issue is when I want to run lraw2png function sometimes DW is throwing an error “DW_NOT_READY”. I added a delay time to code but didn’t work. I must also add, I installed DriveWorks 3.5 in a docker image, when the task ups a pod on kubernetes, pods pulling this image and ups a container to work on. Im pretty much sure about the installation for the docker image because I can extract point cloud, I can use chopping and I can use other functions. But again, specifically while extracting image from lraw, DW throwing this issue time to time, sometimes its not throwing but extracting less than expected. I used this docker image locally everything worked fine. Any suggestions about the instability ?

For more information, the data collected with AGX Pegasus, this process that I mentioned is offline process.

Dear @JasmineT,
DW_NOT_READY indicates processing is not finished or ready.
Did you perform lraw2png conversion using some third party tool or using DW application? I don’t see any LRAW → png image conversion APIs/tool in DW.

Hi @SivaRamaKrishnaNV

Lraw2png conversion is not build in function I just mentioned that to refer the aim of the process because maybe there might be delay some sort of functions related to the image processing functions. The general difference my local and the environment that I used is kubernetes. I’m just trying to find which process can lead to delay on the DriveWorks.

Or is there a way to handle the DW_NOT_READY, something like status check?

Dear @JasmineT,
Can you check return status(dwStatus) of DW APIs in your application to know which is returning DW_NOT_READY. You can check DW samples (grep -lir "DW_NOT_READY" * under DW sample folder) on how to handle DW_NOT_READY (like calling API in while loop).

Dear @JasmineT,
There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Do you still have the issue and need support? Did you check return status of DW API as suggested?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.