DRIVE OS 6.0.4 (rev. 1)
DRIVE OS 6.0.4 SDK
other

Target Operating System
Linux
QNX
other

Hardware Platform
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-300)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-200)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-100)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-D00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (940-63710-0010-C00)
DRIVE AGX Orin Developer Kit (not sure its number)
other

SDK Manager Version
other

Host Machine Version
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with SDK Manager
native Ubuntu Linux 20.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
native Ubuntu Linux 18.04 Host installed with DRIVE OS Docker Containers
other

Hi,

I’m currently experiencing an issue with a derivation of the sample_camera.cpp for DW. Basically, I have customized the sample_camera.cpp (let’s call it new_camera) to fit the needs for my application. I added this file (and the corresponding CMakelists.txt) as a new folder under “sensors/camera/”. I was able to cross-compile using the docker container and verified that the binary of new_camera can be run.

However, my current project requires me to cross-compile within our company’s stack. This means that I cannot cross-compile in the directory specified here. I did an experiment where I dragged everything into the /home/nvidia directory and it still compiles and runs fine. Sounds like no problem right? I hoped for the same…

However, when I compile everything within the entire stack. It still successfully compiles. But it shows a warning message when running:

[23-03-2024 00:08:27] SDK: CUDA initialization skipped. Running with restricted functionality.

And after this it shows this error message:

[23-03-2024 00:12:26] Driveworks exception thrown: DW_NOT_AVAILABLE: Context: getGPUProperties, no GPU device available.
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'
  what():  [2024-03-23 00:12:26] DW Error DW_NOT_AVAILABLE executing DW function:
 dwSAL_createSensor(&m_camera[m_totalCameras], paramsClient[i], m_sal)

I’m suspecting that the main issue is that GPU is not found. Any ideas why this would happen? It was able to identify the device as Orin. Thank you!

Dear @extern.ray.xie,

Does that mean, your cross compiled new application(new_camera) is running on target with out any issue?

Could you explain a bit more details and issue here? Can you integrate the default sample_camera into your company stack and check cross compiling to see if it notice the same issue?

Please ensure that you check skipCudaInit and make sure that initialization is not skipped.