EDU discount for Jetson TX2 Developer Kit

I just bought an NVIDIA Jetson TX2 but I forgot to introduce my educational discount number with the transaction. I would like to cancel this transaction in order to do a new order with the discount code.

I am trying to cancel the current purchase through your website but I am unable because I did not previously register on your website and I did not receive any password with my order confirmation.

Could you please assess me on how to better proceed?

Hi Dusty_nv,

I did apply for the discount code as i did already bought tx1 but would like to upgrade to tx2 can you please look up my request as i did not get any email for my discount

Thank you

Hello Dusty,

I didn’t get any promo code yesterday when applied as Udacity student. However, I applied again through my EDU email. Here’s my email - kxk144330@utdallas.edu . Can you please look into it?

Thank you so much.

Hello, please contact the NVIDIA Webstore Customer Service by phone at 1-800-797-6530 or via the form here: https://store.nvidia.com/store/nvidia/en_US/contact/ThemeID.326200#bottomForm

Hi Kola_Sam, I found your request in the system, it was received 2017-03-15 22:44:00. It takes 72 hours to send out, so you should be getting it tonight.

Thanks for reapplying with your EDU address, I did manually approve it in the system to attempt to move it along faster, however that nonwithstanding it should arrive in a few days.

Thank you Dusty_nv

I bought TX1 previously. Can I still get EDU discount for TX2?

Yes, you are welcomed to re-apply for TX2. Please use the TX2 form instead: http://www.nvidia.com/object/jetsontx2-edu-discount.html

Hi Dusty,

I am a member of the GAPSIS Department from the University of Cadiz (Spain). I applied yesterday for the EDU discount, but I didn’t get any promo code yet. My email is victor.corbacho@uca.es. Can you please look into it to know the status of the application.

Thank you.

Hi Victor, my colleague from Europe said he is in touch with you and getting you the code.

Dear Dusty, I placed an order for Jetson X1 with an educational discount code (order number 14204814071), only to realise that we also have Jetson X2 with academic discount code available. Is it possible to have my have my order for TX1 changed to TX2. I have made the request for TX2 Developer Board academic discount code. I am a full time graduate student at MIT. I am looking for something i can use immediately. looking forward to hearing from you, akshay

Hi Akshay, please contact the NVIDIA Webstore Customer Service line at 1-800-797-6530. If your order hasn’t been dispatched yet they may be able to help you out.

Hello dusty_nv,

I ordered an edu-discounted Jetson TX2 on 3/22 and it shipped the same day. How great! What is not great is my discovery that it features only 4GB of RAM according to the package label.

Before opening the package, I would like to know if you think this is a typo, or if you are aware that edu-discounted TX2s are a different model than “ordinary” TX2s.

Thank you!

Hi dusty_nv,

I seem to be having the same problem as others on this thread. I applied on March 10 but have not received a discount code to this date. I applied as am*****i@berkeley.edu

Thanks!

I bought TX2 today and I got an email saying that my order is on backorder :( any idea when backorders will ship?

Thanks for reporting this, it’s a typo on the packaging! We will get it fixed. Here is confirmation of the 8GiB system RAM in TX2:

nvidia@tegra-ubuntu:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal:        8042560 kB
MemFree:         6174496 kB
MemAvailable:    7034352 kB
Buffers:           54132 kB
Cached:           795612 kB
SwapCached:            0 kB
Active:           773432 kB
Inactive:         491448 kB
Active(anon):     416156 kB
Inactive(anon):    18536 kB
Active(file):     357276 kB
Inactive(file):   472912 kB
Unevictable:           0 kB
Mlocked:               0 kB
SwapTotal:             0 kB
SwapFree:              0 kB
Dirty:               372 kB
Writeback:             0 kB
AnonPages:        415132 kB
Mapped:           163704 kB
Shmem:             19560 kB
Slab:             106972 kB
SReclaimable:      72172 kB
SUnreclaim:        34800 kB
KernelStack:        7264 kB
PageTables:         8332 kB
NFS_Unstable:          0 kB
Bounce:                0 kB
WritebackTmp:          0 kB
CommitLimit:     4021280 kB
Committed_AS:    3109616 kB
VmallocTotal:   258998208 kB
VmallocUsed:           0 kB
VmallocChunk:          0 kB
CmaTotal:          65536 kB
CmaFree:           64504 kB

Hi Amir, I’ve manually re-sent you your code, sorry about that the spam filter or mail daemon must have misplaced it.

We get in new shipments from the factory pretty much weekly, so hopefully not too long. Even if it still shows online as backorder, previous orders in the queue are shipping out, so good thing you placed your order awhile. Thanks for your patience.

Excellent! Thanks so much .

EDU discount and CODE reception worked quite well for me/us.
Thanks!