Efficient ways to access frame video

Please provide complete information as applicable to your setup.

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)
• DeepStream Version
• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)
• TensorRT Version
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)
• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
• Requirement details( This is for new requirement. Including the module name-for which plugin or for which sample application, the function description)

In my Python application, I want to convert each video frame into bytes by accessing the frame and using the cv2.imencode function. This way, I aim to decrease overall performance. What is the most efficient way to achieve this? Thank you in advance.

You can refer to our sample deepstream_imagedata-multistream_cupy.py.

Thank you for your advice. However, I am using a Jetson device, and your sample does not support it yet (x86 only). Do you have another solution?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore. Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one. Thanks

You can try to use the get_nvds_buf_surface instead of get_nvds_buf_surface_gpu.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.