Embedded data line length differs from image data line length

Hi,

Is the TX2 CSI pixel parser able to receive embedded data lines with a different length compared to image data lines?

I am trying to create a sensor driver that outputs embedded data that is shorter than image data. However, I always get an EMBED_RUNAWAY error from the CHANSEL_FAULT trace. In the last line, I also get a EMBED_RUNAWAY + PIXEL_LONG_LINE + PIXEL_SPURIOUS errors. Are these expected for short embedded data line or are there other errors causing this?

Thank you.

Is the TX2 CSI pixel parser able to receive embedded data lines with a different length compared to image data lines?
Yes, this is supported
EMBED data width is checked against register “VI_CH*_EMBED_X_0”; and actually it only specify the max number of embed line’s width (i.e. no error is reported when less embedded data is sent than MAX_BYTES)
Bit Reset Description
17:0 X MAX_BYTES: Maximum number of embedded data bytes on a line
Pixel data with is checked against register “VI_CH0_FRAME_X_0”; the exact frame width would be checked, and PIXEL_SHORT_LINE / PIXEL_LONG_LINE would be reported for a mismatch.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for confirming this.

However, it seems weird that I always get an EMBED_RUNAWAY error. I am assuming that this EMBED_RUNAWAY indicates that there are more embedded lines received than expected. However, even if I increased the “embedded_metadata_height” to 100 or 1000, I still get the same error.

Is there any error debugging information that I can check?