EMEM decode error when using v4l2src io-mode=3

I am using a MIPI-CSI2 device on a custom TK1 board with the gstreamer pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src io-mode=3 ! ‘video/x-raw,format=UYVY’ ! queue ! xvimagesink

I am getting image tearing along with EMEM decode errors like the following:

[ 798.378667] mc-err: [mcerr] (vi) csw_viw: EMEM decode error on PDE or PTE entry
[ 798.385978] mc-err: [mcerr] status = 0x60051072; addr = 0x81fbb040
[ 798.392169] mc-err: [mcerr] secure: no, access-type: write, SMMU fault: nr-nw-s

This does not happen if I use io-mode=2 but the frame rate is lower. I really could use the improved performance of io-mode 3 if possible. Is it supposed to work?

Hi merwin,
We don’t support io-mode=3. Please refer to the following command:
gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! ‘video/x-raw,width=1280,height=720,format=UYVY’ ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=1280,height=720,format=I420’ ! nvhdmioverlaysink

Please replace videotestsrc with your v4l2src and give it a try.

I need to use xvimagesink (or nveglglessink) to put the video in an X window. Gstreamer can’t connect nvvidconv to either one.

Could you give it a try and check whether there is any difference or not?

I get ‘Internal data flow error’ with your pipeline and v4l2src.

My pipeline works fine with io-mode=2 but I was getting almost twice the performance when using io-mode=3.

Hi merwin, since we don’t have your sensor, is it possible to reproduce the issue with usb camera? I tried but the v4l2src only forces the camera to output mjpeg and cannot change the format. Any other way we can reproduce it on TK1?

The EMEM decode error should happen with any MIPI-CSI2 device when using io-mode=3. Ours is a custom board but I believe there is a CSI2 sensor available for the Jetson board that you could try.

I would also like to know what the maximum frame rate I can expect for 1080p is on the CSI2 interface using gstreamer with output to an X window.

On TK1, we now do not have plan for v4l2src io-mode=3.

Can you tell me what the maximum frame rate I can expect for 1080p is on the CSI2 interface using gstreamer with output to an X window?

Also, does the TX1 support io-mode=3?

Continue in https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1015392