Emmc flash in Jetson nano

Hi Support team,

I have Jetson nano B01 module And I want to flash its EMMC.

I have connected nano device with Ubuntu 20.04 and Setup Recovery Mode like Pins 9 and 10 connected with Jumper and connect etharnet cable. After that Power on the device.

I am getting below when use lsusb commands. And after that I am running sdkmanager but device is not connected automatically.

cimcon@cimcon:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 009: ID 0403:6015 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd Bridge(I2C/SPI/UART/FIFO)
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04d9:1203 Holtek Semiconductor, Inc. Keyboard
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 30fa:0300 USB OPTICAL MOUSE
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Is this a dev kit or non-dev eMMC model? That shouldn’t matter for detecting, but might be important for other reasons.

Btw, although technically SDKM works with an Ubuntu 20.04 host PC, the flash software itself will want 18.04. Sometimes you can “fake” being on 18.04. See:
https://forums.developer.nvidia.com/t/sdkmanager-not-supported-on-linux/71742/13

Unfortunately, the above should also not matter so far as detecting a recovery mode Jetson via “lsusb” (Ubuntu 20.04 would have nothing to do with failing to detect recovery mode), but I am adding the above for when it is detected and you want to go to the next step.

If the recovery pin is shorted to ground at the moment that either (A) power is started, or (B) power is reset, then it should be in recovery mode and the host’s “lsusb” should see this. There is no need to hold the recovery pin after power was started or cycled (and in fact for a later flash stage you wouldn’t want recovery still held down).

You would need the micro-B USB cable via the micro-OTG USB port for this to work. If this is not a supplied cable with a dev kit, then beware that many third party “charger” cables fail. If this is the supplied dev kit cable, then all should be good, but if the cable is from a third party, then try a different brand of cable.

Hi

Now it is detecting after connect it with USB otg cable. but I am unable to flash in eMMC.

Image is downloaded in My Ubuntu but not flush. Please check my all steps.

Please let me know if I have missing some things.

Thanks,
Babbelal

Not sure why you have to filed so many duplicated topics.

Cause is due to missing this lib.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.