Empty kernel function invocation per second

How many calls of kernel function i can make per second?
At my hardware i can make not more than 400 calls per second to empty kernel function.
Is any possibility to increase per second calls?

Hmm, that’s not right. The last time I measured kernel invocation time, was on my 8800GTS a few years ago, and I could launch a few thousand kernels per second no problem. I think each time took at least 55 microseconds on my system. Exactly how big is the empty kernel you’re launching? Meaning, how many threads? I believe the kernel invocation time increases linearly with the number of threads you launch, so if you’re launching 20,000,000 empty threads, that may be the problem. Also, what hardware do you have (just gpu info)?

Hmm, that’s not right. The last time I measured kernel invocation time, was on my 8800GTS a few years ago, and I could launch a few thousand kernels per second no problem. I think each time took at least 55 microseconds on my system. Exactly how big is the empty kernel you’re launching? Meaning, how many threads? I believe the kernel invocation time increases linearly with the number of threads you launch, so if you’re launching 20,000,000 empty threads, that may be the problem. Also, what hardware do you have (just gpu info)?