Enable 1-Wire interface on GPIO Xavier DK

Hey,
I want to connect an 1-wire temperature sensor to the Xavier DK. How can I implement this?
@JerryChang

hello Ashja,

what’s the protocol of your 1-wire temperature sensor using?
please refer to Jetson GPIO for the python library to control it.
thanks

hey @JerryChang ,
Thanks for replying.Its a dsb18b20 sensor .Does the xavier support 1-w on any pin apart from UART ,I want to write code in C++ for its implmentation

hello Ashja,

you’ll need to enable these two configs, then the driver will get enabled.
for example, CONFIG_W1_SLAVE_THERM and CONFIG_W1,
please also check this similar topic, Topic 157114 as see-also.
thanks

thanks for replying, I did see this post but couldn’t replicate it .I tried the dtb example and was getting a compile error from dtc.also how do you enable the configs mentioned above?

hello Ashja,

it’s kernel configuration, please access public sources via https://developer.nvidia.com/embedded/linux-tegra.
please also check developer guide. Kernel Customization to build nvidia kernel image.
thanks

hey @JerryChang ,
thank you ,ill look into it. also regarding the DTB is there a syntax guide or a sample for it apart from this one:

/dts-v1/;
/plugin/;

/ {
    overlay-name = "My Jetson Overlay";
    compatible = "nvidia,p3449-0000-a02+p3448-0000-a02";

fragment@0 {
        target-path = "/";
        __overlay__ {
            my-custom-property = "This Is My Overlay";
        };
    };
};

hello Ashja,

it’s Jetson-IO to choose the device tree overlay, please check Configuring the 40-Pin Expansion Header for reference,
FYI, in the next coming release (i.e. JetPack-4.6), it’ll show an example to demonstrate how to create and apply a DTB overlay file.
thanks

okay that would be great,whens the expected date for it?

please check this thread, JetPack 4.6 is currently scheduled for July 2021.

thanks

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.