Enable filesystem A/B

Is it possible to enable Filesystem A/B on AGX board running 4.3 that only has one rootfs partition on the 30GB mmcblk0? I guess we may need to shrink the root partition to give space to create B partition. The goal is to install 4.6 as B, so that we can still boot back to 4.3 if needed.

hello user100090,

you may check Release Notes (r32.6.1). Root file system A/B redundancy is added by JetPack-4.6 release,
you can based-on JP-4.3 to upgrade to the latest release, however, it’s not suggest to rollback to previous release.

If I were to use Image Based OTA to update from 4.3 to 4.6, is there an option in ota tools to enable filesystem A/B (I assume this involved re-partitioning behind the scene), so that we will have it for the future upgrades?

hello user100090,

yes, you may include ROOTFS_AB=1 into the flash command-line to enables rootfs A/B redundancy.
please also check How to Create Redundant Root File Systems for reference, thanks

I am looking into Image Based OTA update which is supposed to support re-partitioning. This means I won’t be running flash command line directly. Is it still possible to enable rootfs A/B?

hello user100090,

you’ll need to perform the flash script to include ROOTFS_AB=1 into the flash command-line to enables rootfs A/B redundancy.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.