Enable Night Vision or Black and White Mode in ISP in Jetson Xavier NX

Hello Everyone,

I need to enable night vision mode (something like, Black and White or Grey Mode) on detecting the night time or day time. We have separate peripheral which connected over I2C for detection of Night time or day Time.

But after detection i want to dynamically change between RGB or Black/White/Grey mode. Is there some ISP API available for same which I can take reference of.

So far, I am aware of following can be added,

gst-launch-1.0 nvarguscamerasrc sensor-id=0 ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=(int)1920,height=(int)1080, format=(string)NV12,framerate=16/1’ ! nvvidconv ! ‘video/x-raw(memory:NVMM),width=(int)1920,height=(int)1080, format=(string)GRAY8’ ! …

But this above option requires the stopping the pipeline and starting it again which actually i want to avoid. Also want to avoid the unnecessary nvidconv as well.

Any Pointers or Help is appreciated in Advance.

Thanks and Regards.

hello xeqtr8041,

may I know which camera sensor you’re working with, is this a night vision camera (i.e. Infrared camera)?
or, you would like to have post-processing to convert the image as grayscale?

BTW,
please also contact with Jetson Preferred Partners for camera solutions.
thanks

Hi @JerryChang,

We are working with IMX415 camera sensor from one of the Jetson Preferred Partners.

If we are going on with post-processing to convert image to grayscale, what can be possible best option via some ISP API or Gstreamer Option which can used dynamically without stopping the stream ?

Thanks & Regards.

hello xeqtr8041,

you may co-work with Jetson Preferred Partners directly for camera’s tuning support item.
there’re two simple approaches to convert image into grayscale, since ISP output YUV420 color formats, you may use OpenCV or having some implementation to leave Y formats.
thanks

@JerryChang,

Let me check with Jetson Preferred Partner.

Thanks for support. Appreciated to Quick Response.