Enabling Other Usb port in custom board for tx2i

I am using R32.2.1 and modifying the dtb provided in jetson jet pack 4.2. Right now all the peripheral are working but i am not able to enable usb2. Usb0 being otg and Usb1 already avaiable and running. Our design is based on reference evaluation board for tx2.
For enabaling it i am converting umc1.dtb file for tx2i to dtc . Is it the correct way or with the device tree do i have to make modifcation else where as well ?

Hi,

The steps should be

1. Download the kernel source from dlc
  2. Check the TX2 adaptation guide for the usb porting. Document is also on the dlc.
  3. Modify the device tree and build it to dtb. The steps are in L4T developer guide -> kernel customization.

So we can not directly modify the extracted dtb and use it ? I did it to enable the hdmi on two ports, so i was hoping it can be done for usb as well. Secondly what about pinmux ? The excel file is not available in dlc.

So we can not directly modify the extracted dtb and use it ? I did it to enable the hdmi on two ports, so i was hoping it can be done for usb as well

You can use it too.

Secondly what about pinmux ? The excel file is not available in dlc.

The TX2 pinmux spreadsheet is on the dlc too. Why do you say not available?

So can you specify the changes that can be done in extracted dtb file to enable the usb ?

For Pinmux can you share the link. I searched it in the search column but no results were returned.

So can you specify the changes that can be done in extracted dtb file to enable the usb ?

Please read the second point of my previous comment.

For Pinmux can you share the link. I searched it in the search column but no results were returned.

I am directly making a changes and using dtc to convert it to dtb. I placed it in kerne/dtb. On Flashing it is copied from their to bootloader but i see that the changes i did in dtb were not present when this file is copied during flashing.

Hi,

1. What is your command/method to update dtb?

2. What is your method to check it is not present on device?

Resolved. The file was being copied from wrong directory. Thank You. Can you please share a link which describe properly how to configure the env for compiling kernel for tx2i from source ?

1 Like

That is the point 3 in my previous comment.

https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/l4t/index.html