Enabling PMIC-WDT on AGX Xavier evaluation board

Hi,
I’m using an AGX Xavier evaluation board, and I’m trying to enable PMIC-WDT using the same guidelines described in the manual and in this thread: Is it possible to change the PMIC-WDT configs by OTA?(Jetpack4.4).

However, it does not work for me.

First, when I call the flash script it does not appear that the changes I’ve made to p2771-0000.conf.common effect anything. In the flash script output I can see:

./tegraflash.py … --odmdata 0x9190000 …
flash.log (424.6 KB)

After taking a look at the flash script, I noticed that there is a -o option to specify the ODMDATA field so I called it like this:

sudo ./flash.sh -o 0x91a0000 jetson-agx-xavier-devkit mmcblk0p1

and now the script output shows me the correct value:

./tegraflash.py … --odmdata 0x91a0000 …
flash1.log (424.6 KB)

But I still don’t see the message : [0000.203] I> pmic: reset reason (nverc) : 0x2
I opened up a putty session to /dev/ttyUSB3 that is connected to the board’s debug port. I have a bunch of output there but no message that looks like that.

putty.log (81.4 KB)

Please help me understand what I’m doing wrong.

Thanks

Jetson AGX is not using p2771-0000.conf.common. That file is for TX2.

Hi WayneWWW, thank you for the reply.

I followed this manual: https://docs.nvidia.com/jetson/archives/l4t-archived/l4t-3261/index.html#page/Tegra%20Linux%20Driver%20Package%20Development%20Guide/kernel_custom.html#wwpID0E0EB0HA

And apparently I falsely assumed it would work for AGX as well… Could you please point me to the correct procedure for enabling the PMIC-WDT for AGX? All my googling lead me to the same pages, describing the same way to it.

Hi,

This comment is still true. But you just use the wrong conf file… The board name you are using in flash.sh represents the conf file. For example, “flash.sh jetson-1234 mmcblk0p1” will go to use jetson-1234.conf. Hope you can understand where to find the board conf now.

1.Change ODM data: set ODM data bits 17:16 to 0b10 before flashing in conf file. (This enables PMIC-WDT and disables Tegra-WDT.)

Thank you, I understand now, and indeed the flash script output looks correct after I change the right configuration file.

However, I still don’t get the: [0000.203] I> pmic: reset reason (nverc) : 0x2 message in the debug UART.

I’m trying to follow the same guidelines listed in the earlier link:

1. echo 0 > /sys/module/kernel/parameters/panic - I can only run this as root user, otherwise I get permission denied message, could this be the problem?
  2. cat /dev/watchdog - works fine, I wait for 2 minutes then reset happens.
  3. In the UART debug log I don’t see the correct message, I assume it should appear under the: [0000.341] I> Welcome to MB2(TBoot-BPMP) (version: 00.00.2018.32-mobile-938a8cd8), but I don’t see it anywhere else either.

Here is the putty log of my latest attempt:
putty.log (40.9 KB)

Sorry for the late response, have you managed to get issue resolved or still need the support? Thanks

Hi kayccc, thank you for responding.

The issue was not solved, but I’ve kind of moved to a different task for now and it may be a while before I can get back to this. If you can, I would appreciate you taking a look at the last comment I made, and if you have an idea please share it, I’ll test it later.

For now, if you want to mark this topic as closed we can.
Thanks!