Encode cropped images with RTX 3090 encoder

• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU): rtx 3090
• DeepStream Version: 5.1
• TensorRT Version: 7.2.3
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only): 460.73.01
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs): questions

To crope and encode images from the detection I found nvds_obj_enc_process function (A nice example is in deepstream-image-meta-test example from sample_apps). However, nvds_obj_enc_process function uses JPEG encoding and my RTX 3090 encoder does not support JPEG encoding.

How to encode cropped images with RTX 3090 HW encoder?

I mean, JPEG encoding works on RTX 3090 but it consumes a lot of GPU performance, because RTX 3090 HW encoder does not support JPEG encoding.

What format do you need? JPEG?

1 Like

Any format for which the RTX 3090 will use its HW encoder.
Thank you!

nvds_obj_enc_process only support JPEG format encoding. But RTX3090 does not support JPEG HW encoding. Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix [NEW] | NVIDIA Developer

@Fiona.Chen yes. Is there any other way how to encode cropped images with RTX 3090 HW encoder? Do you have any hint? Thank you!

There is only HW accelerated H264 and H265 video encoding, no HW picture encoding.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Is there any source to find which GPUs support JPEG HW encoding? In the Video Encode and Decode GPU Support Matrix [NEW] | NVIDIA Developer there is no information about JPEG HW encoding.

HW JPEG encoder is only supported by embedded platform.

1 Like

Thank you. Besides the embedded platform (such as jetson nano?), do A100, V100, T4, RTX 8000 and RTX 4000 also support JPEG HW encoding according this link ?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.