==ERROR== Could not deploy stock section files toc

I cannot get rid of this error:

$ nv-nsight-cu-cli --mode=launch julia
==ERROR== Could not deploy stock section files to "/home/guy/Documents/NVIDIA Nsight Compute/2020.3.1/Sections".
~/Documents/NVIDIA Nsight Compute/2020.3.1/Sections$ ncu --section-folder-restore
==ERROR== Could not deploy stock section files to "/home/guy/Documents/NVIDIA Nsight Compute/2020.3.1/Sections".

No change of permissions fixes it. Creating the directories manually doesn’t fix it. Even changing home to /tmp does not fix it:

$ ncu --section-folder-restore
==ERROR== Could not deploy stock section files to "/tmp/Documents/NVIDIA Nsight Compute/2020.3.1/Sections".

Hello,

Welcome to the NVIDIA Developer forums. I am moving this topic to the Nsight Compute category for better visibility.

Tom K

1 Like

Can you check that the stock sections directory is actually present for you ncu installation? The directory structure from where the ncu binary is taken should look similar to this:

$ ls <ncu install dir>
docs  EULA.txt  extras  host  ncu  ncu-ui  nv-nsight-cu  nv-nsight-cu-cli  sections  target

The “sections” directory in this listing should include multiple .section and .py files.

You might also want to consider using a newer version of Nsight Compute, i.e. 2021.3.1. Newer versions are generally backwards-compatible with older drivers and CUDA toolkit versions.