Error: Default ip is not avaliable. Please make sure the default ip is shown in ip addr, or use a customer ip instead occurs during recovery mode

Hi, I am using jetson AGX Orin. I am trying to flash the jetson. I am using host PC with SDK Manager. I have downloaded necessary SDK components for target device. While middle of installation I got “ready to flash” option and I have flashed the jetson. Then the jetson boot up and I was able to see the login screen on my AGX jeston orin. On my host PC SDK Manager I got a message: “SDK Manager is about to install SDK components on your Jetson AGX Orin module”. I set the connection to USB and IP to default 192.168.55.1. But it is unable to connect since it can not find the board though the USB’s are properly connected. Then I went back to recovery mode on my orin which made me to get connection established to orin from my host PC (I can see the connection is available in both sdk manager and using "lsusb" on my host PC. But I am still unable to install SDK comments due to the following error:

Default ip is not avaliable. Please make sure the default ip is shown in ip addr, or use a customer ip instead.

I tried solution as per:

But still didn’t work.
Failed to restart networking.service: Unit networking.service not found.

I heard you cannot connect to orin via USB while in recovery mode. But if I am out of recovery more I am getting no jetson orin connection found. Now what should I do?

Hi,

I notice some new users here are not able to understand how things work. So let me clarify this again.

It is just some basic computer network concept with some jetson knowledge

First, a IP would only come up if there is a OS or software on the device that could enable ethernet driver or other kind of interface driver. However, when your board is in recovery mode, it is basically just a brick. Which means no OS is running in this state. It is not possible to get a "IP’ in this situation.

Second, then what is recovery mode for? Recovery mode is only for flashing the OS. It does not include installing the sdk component. These two installation could be separate.
This is also simple concept as how you install other computers. For example, you won’t need CUDA to boot up your Windows host pc.

Ok, then back to your question. IP is not available here. Some cases here

1. Your board is in recovery mode → of course it won’t have IP in this situation.

2. This interface is based on “usb” but are you sure your usb cable and your host PC really supports to use usb as internet interface? For example, we do see some users’s host PC does not have driver to support usb network interface…

Please be aware “lsusb” is not able to precisely tell whether the IP exists or not because
when your board is in recovery mode, lsusb can see it. But no IP in this state.
when your board boots up in linux, lsusb can see it and IP shall be available in this state.

Thus, make sure which state your board is first…

3 Likes

HI @WayneWWW , thanks for your reply.

I have set the static IP on my host computer 192.168.55.x instead of 192.168.55.1 which made me visualize the IP address of my orin when I did ifconfig on orin. I have set the static IP with Netmask 255.255.255.0

It works now but there is another problem. It says packages are broken in the continuation of installation.

15:24:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Download request timed out after 60 seconds. Closing connections
15:24:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Download 'CUDA Toolkit for L4T' failure
15:24:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Download request timed out after 60 seconds. Closing connections
15:24:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Download 'CUDA Toolkit for L4T' failure
15:24:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: download failed
12:00:44 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:00:55 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:01:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:01:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Unhandled error when running sudo -E apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-11-4 : E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.;
12:01:16 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: command terminated with error
12:01:16 SUMMARY: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: First Error: Missing dependencies when running apt command. There are missing dependencies in apt-get database. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution) in a terminal, and click RETRY.
12:25:57 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:26:08 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:26:30 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:26:30 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Unhandled error when running sudo -E apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-11-4 : E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.;
12:26:30 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: command terminated with error
12:26:30 SUMMARY: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: First Error: Missing dependencies when running apt command. There are missing dependencies in apt-get database. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution) in a terminal, and click RETRY.
12:42:15 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:42:26 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:42:47 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
12:42:47 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Unhandled error when running sudo -E apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-11-4 : E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.;
12:42:47 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: command terminated with error
12:42:47 SUMMARY: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: First Error: Missing dependencies when running apt command. There are missing dependencies in apt-get database. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution) in a terminal, and click RETRY.
13:03:55 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
13:04:06 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
13:04:27 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
13:04:27 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: Unhandled error when running sudo -E apt-get -y install cuda-toolkit-11-4 : E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.;
13:04:27 ERROR: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: command terminated with error
13:04:27 SUMMARY: CUDA Toolkit for L4T - target: First Error: Missing dependencies when running apt command. There are missing dependencies in apt-get database. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution) in a terminal, and click RETRY.

I did try sudo apt-get -f install both on my PC and Jetson Orin terminal and retry to install. The error is same. Do you know any solution for that?

I worked the solution for this as provided by this forum but it didn’t work:

I tired both on host PC and jetsion orin but there are no errors.
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get -f install

Attached my logs:

SDKM_logs_JetPack_5.0.2_(rev._1)_Linux_for_Jetson_AGX_Orin_modules_2022-11-09_12-59-53.zip (413.8 KB)

please file a new topic. Other moderator will help on your cuda installation issue.

Hi Wayne. The trouble still persists. After having the above installation trouble I’ve reflashed and installed jetpack 5.0.2 by another method. But I am unable to connect to jetson orin via ethernet cable from PC using ssh. This trouble also exists while I was installing SDK components using SDK manager. It seems like the jetson when after flashed is unable to set the IP address.

The method I follow:
After I login onto the jetson, when I check for ip using ifconifg, I get no ipaddress atall. The wlan0 of ifconfig
there is no ip.

On my PC I set my static ip address as 192.168.55.20. (since 192.168.55.1 is default ip address of jetson). But still I cant perform ssh. (ssh rrcam@192.168.55.1).

Later, i also set a static ip on my jetson to 192.168.55.1. I can ping to that IP and also to static IP I set on my PC(192.168.55.20) from my jetson, obviously but still no result when I ssh from my PC to jetson.

i don’t understand what is the trouble, why cant I do the ssh and connect my PC wifi internet to jetson.

Hi,

Sorry that you filed the topic in wrong forum. This is TX2 forum but not Orin one…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.