Error "Default ip is not avaliable. Please make sure the default ip is shown in ip addr, or use a customer ip instead"

I am trying to upgrade my jetpack to 4.6.1. While doing so, after I connected my Nano board and Host laptop to same wifi and connected each other with USB I ran the SDK installation. However, I got the error “Default ip is not avaliable. Please make sure the default ip is shown in ip addr, or use a customer ip instead”. How do I find the right IP and link the host machine and Nano target?

1 Like

By default, jetson’s micro usb port will launch a ncm interface between your host and jetson. With IPs = 192.168.55.xxx. However, not everyone’s host is fully compatible to launch this.

If this interface is not able to run, then connecting the ethernet cable shall also work. Also, this interface is in use after your jetson is already being flashed, which means you can boot your jetson on and use ifconfig to check the IP as any linux machine does.

1 Like

If it was just a case of leaving the old interface up then this might help on the host PC:

1. Disconnect USB.
  2. On host, “sudo systemctl restart networking.service”.
  3. Reconnect USB.
  4. If still not working, then with USB still connected run the “sudo systemctl restart networking.service” command again.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.