Error importing onnx::Unsqueeze layer

Hi devs,

I’m getting a error parsing a onnx model. The custom model was designed in pytorch, then it was successfully exported to onnx format. Now, I’m trying to use it in TensorRT.

The error comes from a specific layer:

• Pytorch layer:

torch.nn.BatchNorm1d(1000)

• ONNX exporter provides:

%61 : Tensor = onnx::Unsqueezeaxes=[2], scope: Model/Sequential[classifier]/BatchNorm1d[1]
    %62 : Tensor = onnx::BatchNormalization[epsilon=1e-05, momentum=0.9](%61, %classifier.1.weight, %classifier.1.bias, %classifier.1.running_mean, %classifier.1.running_var), scope: Model/Sequential[classifier]/BatchNorm1d[1]
    %63 : Float(1, 1000) = onnx::Squeezeaxes=[2], scope: Model/Sequential[classifier]/BatchNorm1d[1]

• TensorRT error in parseFromFile function:

While parsing node number 30 [Unsqueeze]:
    ERROR: builtin_op_importers.cpp:1987 In function importUnsqueeze:
    [8] Assertion failed: get_shape_size(layer->getOutput(0)->getDimensions()) == get_shape_size(old_shape)
    [E] Failure while parsing ONNX file
    &&&& FAILED TensorRT.sample_onnx_mnist # ./sample_onnx_mnist
    sample_onnx_mnist: sampleOnnxMNIST.cpp:245: int main(int, char**): Assertion `trtModelStream != nullptr’ failed.
    Aborted (core dumped)

I’m using Pytorch 1.1.0, onnx 1.5.0 and TensorRT 5.1.

Any help??

I have the same problem! Did you manage to figure it out?

Hi filip_can

I didn’t found nice solution! but I’m doing the following. For training, I use such layer and for production I replace the layer for a custom layer in which the batch normalization formula is coded.
This was the only choice that I found to use my model in TensorRT.

I hope this helps you.

Hi jgarciac!

thank for your idea.
I also come across this error, could your show some information about the custom layer ? for pytorch or tensorrt? tensorrt do not support torch.div().

This is the custom layer for Pytorch, and it is successfully exported by onnx and parsed by TensorRT:

import torch
from torch import nn

class BatchNorm1DCell(nn.Module):
    def __init__(self):
        super(BatchNorm1DCell, self).__init__()

def forward(self, x, bn_mean, bn_var, bn_weight, bn_bias):
        y = (((x-bn_mean)/torch.sqrt(bn_var))*bn_weight)+bn_bias
        return y

Hi jgarciac,

Thanks for your custom BatchNorm layer. Can I ask how you get (bn_mean, bn_var, bn_weight, bn_bias) to pass down the forward function?

Hi Soncaoai,

There exist many ways to do that. For instance, you can use Opencv to save and load data using yml files…

mean = bn.running_mean.data.cpu().numpy()
var = bn.running_var.data.cpu().numpy()
weight = bn.weight.data.cpu().numpy()
bias = bn.bias.data.cpu().numpy()
cv_file = cv2.FileStorage("bn-data.yml", cv2.FILE_STORAGE_WRITE)
cv_file.write("mean", mean)
cv_file.write("var", var)
cv_file.write("weight", weight)
cv_file.write("bias", bias)
cv_file.release()

Then, you can load the file in your C/C++ app.

Good luck!