ERROR INFORMATION using Tesla K20M

Today, I installed PGI Accelerator Workstation 13.4 version on my machine with Tesla K20M. I used -Mcuda=cuda5.0,cc3x to complie the program which compiled succeslly with -Mcuda=4.2,cc2x before. but I got error information:

pgfortran -Mcuda=cuda5.0,cc3x -lcublas -c -O2 -Kieee gpukernel.cuf
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/include/c++/4.1.2/bits/cpp_type_traits.h(358): error: expected an identifier

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/…/…/…/…/include/c++/4.1.2/bits/cpp_type_traits.h(371): error: expected an identifier

I have to change back to pgfortran -Mcuda=cuda4.2,cc2x -lcublas -c -O2 -Kieee gpukernel.cuf, then I compiled succesfully and the results were aslo correct. I want to know why, if I have to use to cuda4.2,cc2x for compiling, I could not fully use K20M’s performance.Please kindly help me.

Hi Teslalady,

Looks like an incompatibility or configuration issue with CUDA 5.0 and GCC 4.1.2. I was able to recreate the error on one of our older systems but not on systems with newer GCC versions. I’ll see if it’s something we can work around in the compiler driver.

• Mat