Error messages during Jetson Xavier NX booting

My brand new Jetson Xavier NX encounted multiple error messages. It runs on latest OS image from Nvidia. would you please let me know what is wrong?

thank you very much.

Is this issue on NX or AGX xavier? This forum board is for AGX xavier.

The Nvidia customer service asked me to posted here, and it is Jetson NX booting error. thanks.

1. Do you ever flash your board with sdkmanager?

2. Do you ever configure the user account on your monitor in the first boot?

First question: according to Nvidia, SDK Manager cannot be installed directly onto the Jetson, but has to run from a PC which cannot be running Win10 but has to run Ubuntu. All Ii did is to use the OS latest image written to the SD card, and put into the Jetson Xavier NX. No flash board with SDK manager on the Jetson itself.

Second question, I did add the user account and time zones on my monitor in the first boot, which is david, and assign a password.

Please let me know if any questions. Thanks.

David

Second question, I did add the user account and time zones on my monitor in the first boot, which is david, and assign a password.

Do you remember what is done afterwards? Anything that triggers this error?

Could you restart the gdm3 and see if the desktop could be back?

If it cannot, share me the syslog (/var/log/syslog).

thank you very much, i tried sudo apt-get update and sudo apt-get install --reinstall gdm3 and then sudo dpkg-reconfigure gdm3 and reboot. These error are still there, maybe a little more.

Enclosed the var/log/syslog file. I added user “david” and also add a Samsung 970 plus 500gb nvme ssd drive. I can mount the 500 gb nvme ssd drive, and that all i did since i am brand new to Jetson world.

thank you very much.

syslog (627.5 KB)

I think something else is causing the board failed.

This error from nautilus-autostart.desktop seems abnormal.

Jan 5 12:46:59 david-desktop nautilus-autostart.desktop[7954]: Error: Can’t initialize nvrm channel
Jan 5 12:46:59 david-desktop nautilus-autostart.desktop[7954]: Error: Can’t initialize nvrm channel

Unfortunately, I am not able to locate the root cause of this issue. Is it ok for you to reflash your sdcard? If you hit this problem again after flashing sdcard, please also record what command you’ve done at that time. I want to know how to reproduce this issue.

syslog (836.5 KB)

i used a brand new sd card with the Jetson Xavier NX operating system image, and after the first boot, it still has the same error messages. Enclosed the syslog file.

And I found at the forum, there are many other users encountered the same Imx219_board_setup_error jetson xavier NX Jetpack 4.4 The linkes are at http://forums.developer.com/t/imx219-board-setup-error-jetson-xavier-nx-jetpack4-4 /140311. Would you please review too? Thank you very much.

What I am 100% sure is that imx219 log has nothing to do with this issue.

Even a normal boot up case would have this log from kernel. This log is just unlucky to be printed out on console when desktop is gone.

Could you tell us the detailed step of how you prepare the sdcard image?

Thank you very much. After downloading the Jetson-nx-jp441-sd-card-image.zip file to the local window 7 drive, then i use the BalenaEtcher program to write the image to a brand new Samsung 256gb microsd card. After writing and verification, it finishes. Then I put the Samsung 256 GB card into the Jetson NX to boot. That is all i did. I also tried to write the image to a Sandisk Ultra 64GB microsd card, and the booting error message remain the same.

Please let me know what I shall try next. Thanks.

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue any more.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

Hi David,

Could you try other hosts and see if the image can work fine?

1. ubuntu 18.04 host
  2. win10 host