"Error: none of the bootloaders are running on device" while trying to flash Jetson Xavier NX

I am trying to flash a ReComputer Industrial J2012 which has a Jetson Xavier NX 16gb in it. I have run the following commands on the host device (Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS).

wget https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v3.1/release/jetson_linux_r35.3.1_aarch64.tbz2
wget https://developer.nvidia.com/downloads/embedded/l4t/r35_release_v3.1/release/tegra_linux_sample-root-filesystem_r35.3.1_aarch64.tbz2
tar xf jetson_linux_r35.3.1_aarch64.tbz2
sudo tar xpf tegra_linux_sample-root-filesystem_r35.3.1_aarch64.tbz2 -C Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs/
cd Linux_for_Tegra/
sudo ./apply_binaries.sh
sudo ./tools/l4t_flash_prerequisites.sh

I then downloaded the drivers from the manufactures website: reComputer Industrial | Seeed Studio Wiki

I then ran:

sudo ADDITIONAL_DTB_OVERLAY_OPT=“BootOrderNvme.dtbo” ./tools/kernel_flash/l4t_initrd_flash.sh --external-device nvme0n1p1 -c tools/kernel_flash/flash_l4t_nvme.xml -S 80GiB -p “-c bootloader/t186ref/cfg/flash_l4t_t194_qspi_p3668.xml --no-systemimg” --network usb0 recomputer-xavier-nx-industrial external

The flashing process seemed to initiate, but after a while the following started repeated:

tegracm_v2 --instance 1-1.2 --isapplet
tegracm_v2 --instance 1-1.2 --ismb2
tegradevflash_v2 --instance 1-1.2 --iscpubl
CPU Bootloader is not running on device

Which then proceeded to “Error: None of the bootloaders are running on device. Check the UART log.”

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know you want to flash nvme. But if this is your first day flashing a board, flash its emmc first.

sudo ./flash.sh <your_board_config> mmcblk0p1

How do i find the board config? sorry I am new to this.

Then why do you use recomputer-xavier-nx-industrial in your previous command?

I took the command from the manufacturers site.

Board config is not kind of magic string. It is just the *.conf file name under your Linux_for_Tegra.

I guess the vendor gives you something recomputer-xavier-nx-industrial.conf in your Linux_for_Tegra directory.

Please try to use that to flash first. If even this one cannot flash, then you need to check with vendor.

Actually, none of the moderator here knows those custom boards. We can only guide you about devkit situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.