Error Re-Flashing Jetson Xavier NX eMMC after booting from NVMe (2)

Yep, I uninstalled minicom before using picocom to make sure that there are no background minicom process that interfere the picocom reading.

I’ll try to find other host, TTL, or cable to see if I can read the log properly.

1 Like

yes, please try to figure out what was changed here. Your log in the beginning of this post was correct.

I am curious, what do you see from “echo $LANG” (on the host PC running the serial console)? Sometimes using a wrong character set can end up displaying nonsense.

Edit:
The output:

en_US.UTF-8

That means the error is not some simple character set issue. Don’t know what the actual error is.

At first the output was fine like the one I posted in the beginning of this post:

It seems the problem come from the cable, TTL, or the Host USB. I’m still figuring this out

Log Serial 02022023 (8.4 KB)
Log terminal 02022023 (115.6 KB)

The Serial reading problem just appearing when I check the serial when I do a normal booting, but when I reflash the board, the serial reading seems fine and after that the error showing up again.

I’m trying to reflash the board again using these steps that similar to guide on the nvidia official guide:
Flashing Guide (Same as Nvidia SDK Manager Tutorial)

Based on the error message, it seems that the DRAM size 0MB, is this a hardware problem?

Another question I wanna ask is, when I do the reflashing using these guides, are the whole partition table is reapplied?

Hi,

Please flash your device with latest jetpack5.1 release and see if issue is still there.

We have a DRAM table decided by hardware pin because there are also multiple kinds of jetson NX modules in market.
For example, some of jetson NX modules may use DRAM from Hynix. Some of them may be from Micron.
Your current issue is this table seems messing up.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.