Error running Nova Carter Init

We are running into an issue with Nova Carter init. We are following the Nvidia quick start guide documentation.

The below error is on the 3rd step.

sudo apt install ./$(ls -td nova_carter_init_v* | head -1)/nova-carter-init_*_arm64.deb ./$(ls -td nova_orin_v* | head -1)/nova-orin-init_*_arm64.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'nova-carter-init' instead of './nova_carter_init_v1.2.0-2/nova-carter-init_1.2.0-1_arm64.deb'
Note, selecting 'nova-orin-init' instead of './nova_orin_v1.2.0-5/nova-orin-init_1.2.0-1_arm64.deb'
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
nova-orin-init : Depends: nvidia-jetpack (>= 5.1.2-b0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: nvidia-jetpack (< 5.1.3-b0) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

We initially completed the init setup and were able to run a sample demo application. The above mentioned issue started when the system was rebooted.

Hi @kannan3

Welcome to the Isaac ROS forum. Looking at your errors, it seems you have the wrong Jetpack Installed.

Thanks @Raffaello for taking a look at this.

As I mentioned on the issue ,we were able to run nova carter init process before and was able to get a camera stream view working with foxglove as well. And it had jetpack 5.1.2 installed.

Now, If i try to run jetson_release it shows the jetpack version as well. But I am unable to find the jetpack lib files on the system. Not sure what triggered the system to remove the jetpack packages.

@Raffaello We reflashed the Nova Carter with Jetpack 5.1.2 using the NVIDIA SDK Manager. We completed the initial setup steps mentioned on the Getting Started — isaac_ros_docs documentation as well. The nova_preflight_checker and nova_battery_status works without any errors.

We are trying to calibrate the Nova Carter sensors by following the nova extrinsics sensor calibration tool documentation. While running the starting calibration container, we are running into the below issue.

$ bash run_calibration_app.sh nvcr.io/nvidia/isaac/nova_extrinsics_sensor_calibration_tool:master-aarch64 --stereo_cameras front_re ar

2024-03-28 18:23:31,316 - Core - INFO - Context created: 0xffff9ffcb010
INFO:Core:Context created: 0xffff9ffcb010
2024-03-28 18:23:31.339 ERROR external/com_nvidia_gxf/gxf/std/extension_loader.cpp@114: Failed to load extension ./external/com_nvidia_multimedia_gxf/extensions/videodecoder/libgxf_videodecoder.so Error: /usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/tegra/libnvbufsurface.so.1.0.0: file too short
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/app/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.runfiles/com_nvidia_isaac_sdk/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.py”, line 1300, in
main()
File “/app/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.runfiles/com_nvidia_isaac_sdk/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.py”, line 1285, in main
graph = CalibrationApp(
File “<@beartype(extensions.gxf_helpers.gxf_python.gxf_python.Graph.init) at 0xffffa004a700>”, line 96, in init
File “/app/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.runfiles/com_nvidia_isaac_sdk/extensions/gxf_helpers/gxf_python/gxf_python.py”, line 937, in init
self._ctx._load_extensions(extension_filenames=,
File “/app/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.runfiles/com_nvidia_isaac_sdk/extensions/gxf_helpers/gxf_python/gxf_python.py”, line 640, in _load_extensions
return self._graph.load_extensions(**kwargs)
File “/app/extensions/calibration/apps/calibration_app.runfiles/com_nvidia_gxf/gxf/core/Gxf.py”, line 280, in load_extensions
load_extensions(self.context,
ValueError: GXF_EXTENSION_FILE_NOT_FOUND

Hi @kannan3

I’m forwarding your error to the engineering team. I keep you posted.

Best,
Raffaello

@Raffaello After a lot of debugging, I decided to reflash the jetson with 5.1.2 version. That helped to resolve this error.

1 Like