Error: The .mtd file is corrupt. Start a new download

Hi all, we have deployed a server-side patch which should hopefully improve the downloads from our testing. Can you re-try and let us know if you still face the issue?

For me the following worked for me (i found the steps in a other forum post):

Let the sdkmanager try to download all stuff. After it is finished go to the terminal tab and show all the errors. Download the .deb files which failed to download manually to the nvidia sdkmanager download folder. Than restart sdkmanager and dont log in with your nvidia account - instead choose offline option and try again. Now the download step works much more faster and without any errors … so for me this worked as a (time consuming) workaround. hope the issue gets fixed soon.

Hope this will help.

Hi dusty_nv,

I am facing still a problem during the installation of the Jetson SDK components (Cuda,AI,ComputerVision…) on the remote Jetson TX2 (Host part is ok) :

12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : download error: https://developer.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.2.1-ga/JETPACK_421_b97/P3310/libcudnn7_7.5.0.56-1+cuda10.0_arm64.deb failed with Error: The .mtd file is corrupt. Start a new download.
12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : download ‘cuDNN on Target’ failure
12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : undefined
12:15:54 WARNING : cuDNN on Target : retry to connect https://developer.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.2.1-ga/JETPACK_421_b97/P3310/libcudnn7-dev_7.5.0.56-1+cuda10.0_arm64.deb caused by Error: The .mtd file is corrupt. Start a new download.
12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : download error: https://developer.nvidia.com/assets/embedded/secure/tools/files/jetpack-sdks/jetpack-4.2.1-ga/JETPACK_421_b97/P3310/libcudnn7-dev_7.5.0.56-1+cuda10.0_arm64.deb failed with Error: The .mtd file is corrupt. Start a new download.
12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : download ‘cuDNN on Target’ failure
12:15:54 ERROR : cuDNN on Target : undefined

What is your recommendation to do ? Im trying 3 days to flash a Jetpack 4.2.1 for Jetson Tx2 with no success.

10x,

Zvikas

I’ve managed to accomplish flash procedure with this brilliant software after 3 days of fighting. If someone needs, I can send download folder, find my contact details on github stiv-yakovenko.

We’ve rolled out an update to the SDK Manager client that addresses the issue. Log into SDK Manager, and you will see a prompt to upgrade to version 0.9.14 - click continue, enter your sudo password, and the client will self-update. Let us know if you still encounter problems with the downloads.

We are also updating the SDK Manager binary installer on the website, but for now use the self-update feature.

Hi dusty_nv,

Thx for your

I have upgraded to SDK Manager version 0.9.14 all went well like you have instructed.

During the remote installation on the jetson i am getting the following errors :

17:46:29 INFO : NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker integration (Beta) : command finished successfully
17:46:29 INFO : install ‘NVIDIA Container Runtime with Docker integration (Beta)’ success
17:46:29 ERROR : Unavailable components detected, please check log
17:46:29 ERROR : cuDNN on Target Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA Toolkit for L4T,
17:46:29 ERROR : TensorRT on Target Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA Toolkit for L4T,
17:46:29 ERROR : OpenCV on Target Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA Toolkit for L4T,
17:46:29 ERROR : VisionWorks on Target Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA Toolkit for L4T,
17:46:29 ERROR : Multimedia API Skipped. Due to its dependencies fail to install: CUDA Toolkit for L4T

Thx,

zvikas

As I’ve gone through this nightmare, I can propose you to 1) clean all installer-related folders in your home folder (there are two of them, one contains settings and start with dot, second contains temporary stuff) 2) try to update sdk manager as proposed by authors.

FWIW, last night was able to complete the SDK Manager download and flash the Xavier after your 0 9 14 update. Cost me three days to get this thing working, but thanks to NVIDIA for responding quickly to solve the problem and deploy the fix.

With the fixed rolled backed version there is a problem. It says OS image ready, meaning sdkmanager thinks archives are uncompressed, in the earlier versions it was fixed by doing retry, however when I do retry it does not do anything, meaning there is a bug, and I cant do tx2-flashing.

Is there a way for me to access older sdkmanager versions?

[url]https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502098089860[/url]

[url]https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo/full?photo_id=502098088782[/url]

“Almost” everything works after the patch. However I’m now getting an error when it comes to installing NVIDIA Container Runtime and DeepStream SDK. In the terminal screen, it says

Unhandled error when running sudo dpkg -i /opt/nvidia/deb_repos/nvidia-docker2_0.9.0_beta.1+docker18.09.2-1_arm64.deb
command scp -q -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no /tmp/tmp_NV_DOCKER_TARGET_POST_INSTALL_COMP.sh openzeka@192.168.55.1:~; ssh -t -q -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no openzeka@192.168.55.1 "~/tmp_NV_DOCKER_TARGET_POST_INSTALL_COMP.sh && rm -f ~/tmp_NV_DOCKER_TARGET_POST_INSTALL_COMP.sh" finished with error

Hello,

This should be fixed now. Can someone please try downloading the SDKM and report back any issues?

Thanks,
Tom

With the fixed rolled backed version there is a problem. It says OS image ready, meaning sdkmanager thinks archives are uncompressed, in the earlier versions it was fixed by doing retry, however when I do retry it does not do anything, meaning there is a bug, and I cant do tx2-flashing.

Is there a way for me to access older sdkmanager versions?

This error still continues, I am unable to flash my device, it thinks the archives are decompressed but they are not…

I need to decompress the archives myself this way.

I am trying to flash JetPack 4.2.1 with the latest SdkManager.

Hi osmanberkx0x,

With latest version of SDK Manager, could you try to uninstall Jetpack 4.2.1 first, and then reinstall and flash the device? The detailed steps:

1. Launch SDK Manager Beta 14 client and login with your account.
  2. In STEP 01, click ‘Repair/Uninstall’ link from the bottom-left panel.
  3. After navigates to page ‘Manage NVIDIA SDKs’, select Jetpack 4.2.1, and click ‘uninstall’ to uninstall the SDK.
  4. When uninstall is completed, go back to Step 01 and reinstall and flash Jetpack 4.2.1.

Please also refer to Install Jetson Software with SDK Manager :: NVIDIA SDK Manager Documentation to get more details.

The old version could be found from https://developer.download.nvidia.com/sdkmanager/client_update/sdkmanager_0.9.13-4763_amd64.deb . But I suggest to use the lastest version, which includes the fix of the download problem.

Hello,

I did the uninstall/installation, however the problem continues.
I can’t decompress archives.

Could you package ~/.nvsdkm folder and upload to analyze?

Thanks!

Hi all, after all this time, I get the chance to flash a Jetson TX2 now. SDKManager works absolutely fine after the updates. Everything installs without any errors. Thanks to everyone interested with this subject.