Error when installing Driveworks using sdkmanager

I have an error when using the sdkmanager to install Driveworks.
Drive os version: 5.0.10.3
sdkmanager version: beta 0.9.9.2351

When running the setup process (step 03) on my host,
Under Target Components > Drive OS > OSS and NV packages > Install error.
The terminal says the following:

16:40:31 INFO : OSS and NV packages : Uncompressing drive-t186ref-linux-5.0.10.3-12606092…
16:40:33 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : dpkg-deb: error: ‘/home/xxx/nvidia/nvidia_sdk/DRIVE/Linux/5.0.10.3/OS/DriveSDK/drive-t186ref-linux/targetfs-pkgs/minimal/apt-repos/binary/Packages.gz’ is not a debian format archive
16:40:33 INFO : OSS and NV packages : exit status 2
16:40:33 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : Error when running /xxx/downloads/dw2/drive-t186ref-linux-5.0.10.3-12606092-nv-minimal-sdk.run --nox11
16:40:33 INFO : OSS and NV packages :
16:40:33 INFO : OSS and NV packages : InstallUtil returns: exit status 2
16:40:33 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : command terminated with error

It seems like there is some problem with the installer script?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Linn

Dear mpechon,

Could you please upload the full logs available at below locations for your topic?
~/.nvsdkm/sdkm.log
~/.nvsdkm/logs

Dear Steve,

I have re-tried to install driveworks again; whilst having changed nothing, the error has changed. Now it fails at “INFO : OSS and NV packages : Cannot find debian ‘-dev’ package: libx11*_arm*.deb”

Please find attached the logs as requested.
sdkm.log (270 KB)
logs.zip (9.57 KB)

Hi mpechon,
It looks like the error comes from install script in the .run file.
Could you please uninstall the bundle and retry the steps, please confirm the target image folder is removed after uninstall.

Hi mpechon,

Have you tried with our suggestions to install DriveWorks well?
Any result can be shared?

Thanks

Dear kayccc,

I have done the following uninstall steps:
apt-get remove sdkmanager
deleted the installation folder (and with it all the run files)

then I reinstalled the sdkmanager:
downloaded the new .deb from developer.nvidia.com
installed it using dpkg -i
ran the installer

I am still unable to install the OSS and NV packages.

A quick check of the terminal shows
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : Package libbz2-1.0:i386 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : is only available from another source
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : However the following packages replace it:
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : libbz2-1.0 libbz2-1.0:arm64
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages :
14:24:11 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : E: Package ‘libbz2-1.0:i386’ has no installation candidate
14:24:11 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : ERROR: Installation failed.
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : exit status 1
14:24:11 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : Error when running NV_INSTALL_SERVICES_BYPASS=1 NV_INSTALL_TEST_MODE=1 /…/drive-t186ref-linux-5.0.10.3-12606092-oss-minimal-sdk.run --nox11
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages :
14:24:11 INFO : OSS and NV packages : InstallUtil returns: exit status 1
14:24:11 ERROR : OSS and NV packages : command terminated with error

In another terminal, I tried to install “libbz2-1.0:i386” from apt but could not do so. I do however, have libbz2-1.0:amd64 already installed on my host. Please advise on how to get the correct .run files.

Thank you in advance.

Dear mpechon,

Thank you for your update.
Could you please remove the installed 5.0.10.3 release by SDKM, clean up the release folder under install location(~/nvidia/nvidia_sdk by default) and reinstall the release?

Current NV OSS and packages doesn’t support to install on existing directory. Thanks.

Dear SteveNV,

Thank you for your reply.

An unexpected hurdle appeared when I removed (purged) the old sdk manager and installed the new one (from sdkmanager_0.9.14-4961_amd64.deb). The installer now asks for 90GB in my home directory to install the target components alone??!

I have about 30GB of space left in my home partition (not counting the 15GB that the host components takes up). My disk itself is no way large enough to accommodate 90GB of pure files…
Moreover, the target files are only about 12GB max? Are you sure that the installation requires that much more space?

I cannot move forward as the sdkmanager does not let me download anything because “There is not enough disc space to install the selected SDK. Please select a different install folder or clear disc space and try again.”

As you mentioned, I also cannot change the install target… So basically I am stuck.

Please advise, thank you in advance.