Error when launching the carter_sim Application

Hi!

It’s great to finally have access to ISAAC Sim!
I followed the install successfully, however in the “Quick start” “Carter” section, when I launch the carter_sim application, I have the following error:

~/workspace/isaac$ bazel run apps/carter_sim:carter_sim -- --config="apps/assets/maps/carter_warehouse_p.config.json" --graph="apps/assets/maps/carter_warehouse_p.graph.json"
Extracting Bazel installation...
Starting local Bazel server and connecting to it...
INFO: Repository rule 'com_github_googlecartographer_cartographer' returned: {"remote": "https://github.com/googlecartographer/cartographer.git", "commit": "b6b41e9b173ea2e49e606f1e0d54d6d57ed421e3", "shallow_since": "2018-08-10", "init_submodules": False, "verbose": False, "strip_prefix": "", "patches": [], "patch_tool": "patch", "patch_args": ["-p0"], "patch_cmds": [], "name": "com_github_googlecartographer_cartographer"}
INFO: Repository rule 'com_github_nelhage_rules_boost' returned: {"remote": "https://github.com/nelhage/rules_boost.git", "commit": "bd05f7b51d25396f30639d31fa78b55a3c1db182", "shallow_since": "2018-08-09", "init_submodules": False, "verbose": False, "strip_prefix": "", "patches": [], "patch_tool": "patch", "patch_args": ["-p0"], "patch_cmds": [], "name": "com_github_nelhage_rules_boost"}
ERROR: /home/cyril/workspace/isaac/packages/map/BUILD:5:12: Configurable attribute "data" doesn't match this configuration (would a default condition help?).
Conditions checked:
 //engine/build:platform_x86_64
 //engine/build:platform_jetpack42
ERROR: Analysis of target '//apps/carter_sim:carter_sim' failed; build aborted: 

/home/cyril/workspace/isaac/packages/map/BUILD:5:12: Configurable attribute "data" doesn't match this configuration (would a default condition help?).
Conditions checked:
 //engine/build:platform_x86_64
 //engine/build:platform_jetpack42
INFO: Elapsed time: 10.260s
INFO: 0 processes.
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully (16 packages loaded, 90 targets co\
FAILED: Build did NOT complete successfully (16 packages loaded, 90 targets co\
nfigured)
    currently loading: @bazel_tools//src/tools/launcher

Any idea how to solve that ?

Thanks!

Have you changed the path of the json files to your absolute path?

Yes here is what I have, my Isaac SDK being installed in ~/workspace :

~/workspace/isaac/apps/carter_sim/bridge_config$ cat carter_full.json 
{
  "graphs": ["~/workspace/isaac/apps/carter_sim/bridge_config/carter_full_graph.json"],
  "configs": ["~/workspace/isaac/apps/carter_sim/bridge_config/carter_full_config.json"]
}

I also tried to replace “~” with /home and my user name, but I still have the error.

Have you built the entire SDK stack properly? What is your system config? I believe this error is on the SDK side. Pose your question in the Isaac SDK section.

Hey Cyril,

Can you paste the output of

uname -a

Want to double check what system/OS you are running, bazel seems to be complaining that its not supported

Here it is :

~$ uname -a
Linux cyril-workstation 4.18.0-17-generic #18~18.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 15 15:27:12 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04 a week ago.

In fact it is indeed an ISAAC SDK error, that other people had here :

https://devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/1049261/sdk/error-trying-to-build-stereo_dummy/post/5330768/#5330768