Error when running Modulus

I just went through the steps (Installation — Modulus 22.07 documentation) to install Modulus and everything went fine.
However, when I try to run helmholtz.py from the command line I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "helmholtz.py", line 95, in <module>
    run()
  File "C:\Users\mathi\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python38\lib\site-packages\modulus-22.3-py3.8.egg\modulus\hydra\utils.py", line 66, in func_decorated
    _run_hydra(
TypeError: _run_hydra() missing 1 required positional argument: 'args'

This is not the best category to get a response from the Modulus team - so I am moving to a new sub-catgory.

This is due to an incompatible hydra version. Downgrade the hydra version should fix this error. The docker image use version 1.1.1. So you can fix it by running pip install hydra-core==1.1.1

3 Likes

Had the same issue while trying to get a bare metal installation on Google Colab. Running pip install hydra-core==1.1.1 helped for bypassing the error above, but now I am getting this new error:

Error executing job with overrides: []
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "helmholtz.py", line 72, in run
    openfoam_var = csv_to_dict(to_absolute_path("validation/helmholtz.csv"), mapping)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/modulus-22.7-py3.7.egg/modulus/utils/io/csv_rw.py", line 33, in csv_to_dict
    values = np.loadtxt(filename, skiprows=1, delimiter=delimiter, unpack=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 1148, in loadtxt
    for x in read_data(_loadtxt_chunksize):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 999, in read_data
    items = [conv(val) for (conv, val) in zip(converters, vals)]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 999, in <listcomp>
    items = [conv(val) for (conv, val) in zip(converters, vals)]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/numpy/lib/npyio.py", line 736, in floatconv
    return float(x)
ValueError: could not convert string to float: 'oid sha256:aeac30245e5ac347f39c4c076101decc448c674dd1531fe200a1c5e598c9557c'

Set the environment variable HYDRA_FULL_ERROR=1 for a complete stack trace.

Hi @alvarez.jo.2017

This error is the result of not having Git LFS installed. We use Git LFS in our examples repo to store the data files, without LFS it will just be a pointer file (which is what that sha hash is). Install Git LFS, reclone the examples repo and see if that fixes the problem (validation/helmholtz.csv should have data in it).

Please see the warning box in the installation documentation with some additional information.