Error when using RTSP stream as source in Graph Composer 1.0.0 (Error from nv_ds_single_src_input26: Failed to populate and link audio elements)

**• Hardware Platform GeForce RTX 2080ti Ubuntu 18.04
• DeepStream Version 6.0.1
Graph Composer 1.0.0
• TensorRT Version 8.0.1
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version 470.129.06
• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs) question/bug?

When I execute a graph I created in graph composer 1.0.0, that uses an rtsp source it either fails on launch or runs for a few minutes and then fails with the following error code.

2022-06-29 11:36:20.992 ERROR extensions/nvdsbase/nvds_scheduler.cpp@309: Error from /GstPipeline:NvDsScheduler-Pipeline/GstDsNvUriSrcBin:NvDsSingleSrcInput…7610/nv_ds_single_src_input26…ce90: Failed to populate and link audio elements
2022-06-29 11:36:20.992 ERROR extensions/nvdsbase/nvds_scheduler.cpp@311: Debug info:
gstdsnvurisrcbin.cpp(1633): cb_newpad_rtspsrc (): /GstPipeline:NvDsScheduler-Pipeline/GstDsNvUriSrcBin:NvDsSingleSrcInput…7610/nv_ds_single_src_input26…ce90

The graph I created has the following structure NvDSSinglesrcinput-> NvDSStreamMux-> NvDsOpticalFlowVisual-> NvDsTee-> NvDsTiler-> nvDsRtspOut .

While I was trying to Debug this error I modified the deepstream-test2 graph to change the source to an rtsp stream and set the live source property of the stream mux to true. The deepstream test2 app then throws the same errors either when it starts or after a few minutes of running.

• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)
To recreate this you could change the uri of NvDsSingleSrc to a valid rtsp stream and the live source value to true of NVDSStreamMux in deepstream test2 graph file. You will first need to adjust permissions to modify a test app, then save the changes, export the parameters and run the graph. It will either fail on start or fail after a few minutes of running.

Any input on why this is happening would be great.

Additional note: When it starts running succesfully and I connect to the rtsp stream on vlc, the following message appears in the terminal.

(gxe:15043): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: 13:09:33.485: g_object_get_is_valid_property: object class ‘GstUDPSrc’ has no property named ‘pt’

Then the program runs for a few minutes and eventually stops and throws the errors shown in the original post.

Can you run the c/c++ deepstream-test2 sample with your rtsp source? What is the audio format in your rtsp source?

Hello, if you mean the deepstream test2 sample app, I cannot run it as that sample app only takes a h264 file as an input.
The deepstream test 2 graph however uses NvDsSingleSrcInput which I modified the URI property to be my rtsp stream. It runs for a few minutes and then throws the error that the scheduler failed to link and populate audio elements. This doesn’t make much sense as the audio isn’t linked to anything and isn’t being used at all so I don’t understand why it throws an error attempting to link audio elements. Also I am unsure of the format of the audio. How would I go about finding out the format? This seems odd as I am not using the audio from the rtsp stream in any way.

Additionally, I can run the C/C++ deepstream-nvof-test app which is similar to what I will be doing anyway and it takes any URI as input. When I run that with my rtsp stream, it runs fine without any errors.

Can you share the rtsp source for us to reproduce the problem?

There is no update from you for a period, assuming this is not an issue anymore.
Hence we are closing this topic. If need further support, please open a new one.
Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.