Error while compiling a program

Peace!

I have been trying to compile a program with pgf77 and at the end of the compilation process I had the following error:

/usr/bin/ld: /crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory
pgf77-Fatal-linker completed with exit code 1

make: *** [FeynHiggsFast.exe] Error 2
[hatim@hatim fhf15]$

What is crtbegin.o? and what does it mean in general?
I am not good at programming, sorry!

hhegab

Hi hhegab,

This is an installation problem. crtbegin.o is a system dependent object file that is needed for the operating system to load your file at the start of execution. crtbegin.o is part of your GCC installation and can change locations depending upon which system your on. During the installation of your compilers, the installer runs a script to determine where this and a few other files are located. So either you forgot to run the installation or your using a newer OS and the installer failed to recognize your system.

If you are on a Fedora Core 3 or RHEL 4.0, you’ll need to download our Fedora Core 3 patch (ftp://ftp.pgroup.com/x86/linux86-patches/fedora3_patch.tar.gz). Unzip and untar this file in your base PGI directory and then re-run the install script.

Hope this helps,
Mat

It worked fine!
Thank you very much for the help

hhegab

PS.
I think a note should be added in the home page of the main site.

Hi,
I have the folllowing error when I try to compile a package I have

-fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DUNDERSCORE=1" -f …/…/makefile.fe …/…/build/MFeynHiggs
gmake[1]: Entering directory /home/mborn/codes/fhmain/build/fe' CC=../../build/fcc mcc -o ../../build/MFeynHiggs -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall -DUNDERSCORE=1 MFeynHiggs.tm ../../build/libFH.a /bin/sh: mcc: command not found gmake[1]: *** [../../build/MFeynHiggs] Error 127 gmake[1]: Leaving directory /home/mborn/codes/fhmain/build/fe’
gmake: *** [build/MFeynHiggs] Error 2
[mborn@hatim fhmain]$

What does it mean this time?
I have installed PGI as you described in the previous answer you posted and compiled the first package correctly, but in the file I downloaded I read in the READ_ME file that some files are to be replaced which I did not do, since I could compile the first packacge.
Could this be the cause of the problems I have while compiling the second package?

hhegab