Error while compiling Deepstream Yolo object detector - unsupported GNU version- gcc versions later than 8 are not supported

**• Hardware Platform (Jetson / GPU)**Jetson Xavier NX Ubuntu 20.04
• DeepStream Version 5.0
**• JetPack Version (valid for Jetson only)**4.4
• TensorRT Version7.1.3
• NVIDIA GPU Driver Version (valid for GPU only)
**• Issue Type( questions, new requirements, bugs)**Error while compiling Deepstream Yolo object detector - unsupported GNU version- gcc versions later than 8 are not supported!
**• How to reproduce the issue ? (This is for bugs. Including which sample app is using, the configuration files content, the command line used and other details for reproducing)**ObjectDetectorYolo coming from Deepstream 5 package, command used: 1. export CUDA_VER=10.2 (accepted), make -C nvdsinfer_custom_impl_Yolo - produced the error.

When compiling my yolo model with the default Yolo object detector provided under deepstream 5 using my Jetson Xavier NX which was upgraded to Ubuntu 20.04, the make -C command resulted in the following error:

make: Entering directory ‘/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/objectDetector_Yolo/nvdsinfer_custom_impl_Yolo’
/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin/nvcc -c -o kernels.o --compiler-options ‘-fPIC’ kernels.cu
In file included from /usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin/…/targets/aarch64-linux/include/cuda_runtime.h:83,
/usr/local/cuda-10.2/bin/…/targets/aarch64-linux/include/crt/host_config.h:138:2: error: #error – unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 8 are not supported!
138 | #error – unsupported GNU version! gcc versions later than 8 are not supported!
| ^~~~~
make: *** [Makefile:54: kernels.o] Error 1
make: Leaving directory ‘/opt/nvidia/deepstream/deepstream-5.0/sources/objectDetector_Yolo/nvdsinfer_custom_impl_Yolo’

I hope you can help me with this. thanks.

Robi

Hi @robigregorio,
Jetson Ubuntu system does not support UBuntu 20.04
DeepStream does not support UBuntu 20.04
The libs, especially the NVIDIA libs in Jetpack, were built with GCC7.x.

So, it’s expected to see the error - gcc versions later than 8 are not supported!.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for this mchi! I did not know that Ubuntu 20.04 is not supported. What happened was there was an upgrade notification on my Xavier NX which I executed doing. I reimaged my NX to the latest Jetpack, and now I can compile the deepstream app.

Robi