Error while Creating System OS (File and System OS) to Jetson Nano with Nvidia SDK Manager

I have an error on Creating System OS to Jetson Nano Developer Kit when I was tried to flash it. this the logs installation :
05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: ||||||||||||||||||||||| ERROR |||||||||||||||||||||||

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: -----------------------------------------------------

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: 1. The root filesystem, provided with this package,

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: has to be extracted to this directory:

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: /media/kasol/Windows-SSD/sdk_target/JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_JETSON_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: -----------------------------------------------------

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: 2. The root filesystem, provided with this package,

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: has to be extracted with ‘sudo’ to this directory:

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: /media/kasol/Windows-SSD/sdk_target/JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_JETSON_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: Consult the Development Guide for instructions on

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: extracting and flashing your device.

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: [ Package Install Finished with Error ]

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: [host] [ 2.70 MB used. Disk Avail: 3.51 GB ]

05:11:56 INFO: File System and OS - target_image: [ NV_L4T_FILE_SYSTEM_AND_OS_T210_COMP Install took 6m56s ]

05:11:56 ERROR: File System and OS - target_image: command terminated with error

05:11:56 SUMMARY: File System and OS - target_image: First Error: Installation failed.

How I can fix that?

This path /media/kasol/Windows-SSD/sdk_target/JetPack_4.6.2_Linux_JETSON_NANO_TARGETS/Linux_for_Tegra/rootfs

needs to be under a ext4 partition. Your “Windows SSD” seems not a ext4 partition.

Okey, thanks for your answer. I use dual boot to install the linux OS, so the partition is not very large. Maybe cause I install the sdk in windows partition.

Trivia: The filesystem type which the Jetson gets is created from Linux, but the files populating that filesystem have permissions inherited from the unpacked rootfs. If those files unpack to an ext4 filesystem, then permissions are preserved and valid. However, if those files are unpacked into a Windows filesystem type, then many permissions will be wrong since Windows has no concept of *NIX style permissions, e.g., sticky bits, SUID and GUID concepts don’t exist in Windows. Had your flash succeeded, then the operating system would be acting strangely, and many security related commands would outright fail. It wouldn’t be something you could repair without reflashing.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.