Error while visualizing the LIDAR scans from the simulator in Sight

Hi,
I am trying to visualize the LIDAR scans from the simulator in Sight while running the navsim app. Therefore, I made the following changes in the code:

In navsim.subgraph.json::-
I added “viewers” to “modules”.
I added the following nodes:-

{
“name”: “scan_accumulator”,
“components”: [
{
“name”: “message_ledger”,
“type”: “isaac::alice::MessageLedger”
},
{
“name”: “scanAccumulator”,
“type”: “isaac::perception::ScanAccumulator”
}
]
},
{
“name”: “point_cloud”,
{
“name”: “ml”,
},
{
“name”: “rangeToPointCloud”,
“type”: “isaac::perception::RangeToPointCloud”
}
]
},
{
“name”: “viewer”,
{
“name”: “message_ledger”,
},
{
“name”: “pointCloudViewer”,
“type”: “isaac::viewers::PointCloudViewer”
}
]
},

I added the following edges:-
{
“source”: “interface/output/rangescan”,
“target”: “scan_accumulator/scanAccumulator/scan”
},
{
“source”: “scan_accumulator/scanAccumulator/fullscan”,
“target”: “point_cloud/rangeToPointCloud/scan”
},
{
“source”: “point_cloud/rangeToPointCloud/cloud”,
“target”: “viewer/pointCloudViewer/cloud”
}

I modified the BUILD file to include “viewers” as one of the modules for navsim_subgraph.

Yet when I run the code (fire up the isaac sim for the small warehouse and run the navsim_navigate app. The first 2 commands on the IsaacSim tutorials page), I get the following error:-

2020-02-26 15:54:39.036 ERROR messages/tensor.cpp@49: Buffer index 1 out of range (1):
2020-02-26 15:54:39.036 ERROR engine/alice/component.cpp@61: Component ‘simulation.scan_accumulator/scanAccumulator’ of type ‘isaac::perception::ScanAccumulator’ reported FAILURE:

Error reading intensity tensor

2020-02-26 15:54:39.036 ERROR engine/alice/backend/event_manager.cpp@40: Stopping node ‘simulation.scan_accumulator’ because it reached status ‘FAILURE’

Any help?

Hi sshetty,

The latest release of Isaac Sim for Navigation(2019.3) does not support 3D lidar scans to be consumed in Isaac application. You can only use a flat scan lidar for now. You can get more details about the simulator here https://docs.nvidia.com/isaac/isaac/doc/simulation/unity3d.html#simulator-features.