Error with segmentaion

Hello,

I am following this article for image segmentation: https://github.com/NVIDIA/DIGITS/tree/master/examples/semantic-segmentation

I am facing issues in creating the data set. I downloaded VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar file and tried

./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar ./voc-data

First I got the error, prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh doesnot exist. SO I downloaded the file prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh from the repo and tried it. I am getting the following error,

Expanding /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar
tar: /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Copying data into ./voc-data
Processing train data
./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh: line 27: /home/brp/Downloads/segmentation/tmp_files/VOCdevkit/VOC2012/ImageSets/Segmentation/train.txt: No such file or directory
Processing val data
./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh: line 27: /home/brp/Downloads/segmentation/tmp_files/VOCdevkit/VOC2012/ImageSets/Segmentation/val.txt: No such file or directory
Done!

I also tried after cloning the whole digits repo and still with the same error.

Please provide your suggestion. Thanks in advance.

Are you missing a . in front of /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar ?

Is VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar located in a subdirectory underneath where the code is, or did you create a root /data/ dir where it is stored?

If the former, it should be ./data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar

If the later, you may need to run with sudo permissions.

Hello Dusty,

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying with the following command line.

I also tried it with a dot

./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh ./data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar ./voc-data

With both the cases, I get the following error:

Expanding /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar
tar: /data/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar: Cannot open: No such file or directory
tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now
Copying data into ./voc-data
Processing train data
./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh: line 27: /home/brp/Digits folder from github/DIGITS/examples/semantic-segmentation/tmp_files/VOCdevkit/VOC2012/ImageSets/Segmentation/train.txt: No such file or directory
Processing val data
./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh: line 27: /home/brp/Digits folder from github/DIGITS/examples/semantic-segmentation/tmp_files/VOCdevkit/VOC2012/ImageSets/Segmentation/va

and with the .tar at home directory, I am getting the following error:

bash: ./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh: No such file or directory

The .tar file is at /home/DIGITS/examples/semantic-segmentation. I also tried with home directory. Am I doing it wrong??

It would not appear that you are passing the correct path to the tarball to the script. If the tar file is located at /home/DIGITS/examples/semantic-segmentation , can you try cd’ing back to the directory with the prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh script and running this?

$./prepare_pascal_voc_data.sh /home/DIGITS/examples/semantic-segmentation/VOCtrainval_11-May-2012.tar ./voc-data

It worked out. Thanks a lot!!