Errors using later Visual Studio

I am having some issues updating to the latest Tegra version. As part of the update I am also trying to update some of our code which has been running on Visual Studio 2008 to 2012.

We are building multiple libs to use in other projects and these work fine when built in Visual Studio 2008. However, it looks like there are some command line options that are no longer supported. I now get the following error:
Command line error D8021: invalid numeric argument ‘/Wno-psabi’

If I remove this from the additional options I see:
Command line error D8021: invalid numeric argument ‘/Wa,–noexecstack’

Lastly without this option:
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-NOTHREADING’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fshort-wchar’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-MMD’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-MF’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fpic’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-ffunction-sections’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-funwind-tables’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fstack-protector’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-marm’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-march=armv7-a’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-mfpu=neon’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-mfloat-abi=softfp’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-mtune=xscale’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fno-exceptions’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fno-rtti’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fomit-frame-pointer’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-fno-strict-aliasing’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-finline-limit=64’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-O0’
1>cl : Command line warning D9002: ignoring unknown option ‘-g3’
1> stdheader.cpp
1>c:\nvpack\android-ndk-r9d\platforms\android-14\arch-arm\usr\include\sys\cdefs.h(252): fatal error C1189: #error : “No function renaming possible”

I am not too sure if these options were needed in the first place and not having much luck in trying to find out exactly what they do. Also, if anyone has any ideas about the “No function renaming possible” and why this is only appearing under a different version of Visual Studio? We are including this file from within our code, but of course we were beforehand as well.

Thanks.

It looks as though this error is because GNUC is not defined. So would this mean that I am using the wrong compiler here?

Hi, it seems that for some reason you’re trying to compile with cl, i.e. NDK tools don’t get called. How did you create the Nsight Tegra project?

Hi Dmitry,

The project is complicated as it is set up to build libraries for more than just Android. The project itself has been around since before Android development began. A batch file creates the project, maybe I should compare the difference between the 2008 version of what the batch file is doing and 2012.

Would there be any way to change settings so that a project will call the NDK tools?

It should call the NDK tools automatically when you set platform to Tegra-Android. But since you’re generating a project file yourself then something might be not right there. It would be a good idea to create a Hello World Nsight Tegra project and see how it’s different from the generated one. Some of our users generate Nsight Tegra projects with CMake or XPJ and everything seems to be in order.

Thanks for your help. Creating a project from scratch is fine, I have been trying to compare what we had before, the blank project and what we have now. Making slow progress but getting there I think.