Ethernet bring up on vanilla kernel?

Hi team,

i’m using 4.14 upstream kernel on jetson tx2. There is no Ethernet support on upstream kernel i’m trying to bring the Ethernet support from 4.4.38 tegra kernel to 4.14 upstream kernel.

but lot of dependencies there in 4.4.38 tegra kernel. Is there anyone ported Ethernet driver for latest kernel? or Any Ethernet tegra patches available for latest kernel?

Regards,
Arun

arunr,

What ethernet module are you using? If you want to use our built-in ethernet, it would be better to use our 4.4.38 BSP. What is the reason of using upstream 4.14 kernel?

Using a external PCIe NIC could also be a solution.

Wayne,
We want to use in built Ethernet on TX2, I want to know how to bring this up and is it different from Tx1. Can you please give some inputs to bring ethernet interface on Tx2?
Regards,
Anil

Wayne,
We want to use in built Ethernet on TX2, I want to know how to bring this up and is it different from Tx1. Can you please give some inputs to bring ethernet interface on Tx2?
Regards,
Anil

Hi anila,

This would not only require the driver of built-in ethernet phy also some drivers for ethernet controller on tegra and may requires lots of work.

For the ethernet controller, the driver is under kernel/kernel-4.4/drivers/net/ethernet/nvidia.

Note that pcie NIC does not need this driver. Do you insist using the built-in ethernet port?